Home Forums After the Cut Shang Ring Circumcision

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Jacob

Hi everyone.
      I’m in Australia and after years of anguish I finally took the plunge and got circumcised 6 days ago. It’s very common in my age group to be circumcised – late 40s – born back in the early 1970s when circumcision was still widely practiced in my country.
      I went for the shang ring method due to the reputation for a good cosmetic outcome, although I think you perhaps lose the ability to determine how tight the circumcision is. I used to keep my foreskin retracted as much as possible, particularly because of how much cleaner that kept things. I thought because I was therefore used to my glans being exposed, I wouldn’t find things much different but wow, it is quite different. I can think only because I don’t have foreskin bunched against the rim of the glans, the rim is also completely exposed. I am due to have the ring removed tomorrow (Tuesday). I was wondering if anyone else on here has been circumcised using the shang ring method and did you get much swelling in the skin behind the ring?

Hopefully there are a few of you out there who had this method done.

• #45561 Reply
      G S

Congratulations. I’m also mid 40’s, done with the stapler 4 months back. Hope you’ll be as happy as myself. Keep us updated please.

• #45562 Reply
      matt

I was done with a mogen clamp, so it was all over very quickly. What’s it been like wearing a shang ring for a time? sore? Hopefully the ring removal goes OK and you’re happy with the cosmetic result.

• #45565 Reply
      Jacob

It has been a bit uncomfortable at times but hopefully the end result is worth it. But with it on you make a bigger bulge than normal. I went to wear some close fitting sports shorts and decided to find something baggier! I live almost 4 hours drive out of the city where I had it done and the doctor didn’t want me driving home the same day. After driving 40 mins in peak hour traffic to my motel accommodation, I soon realised why. It was rather uncomfortable being in the sitting position for a while. I had to take things easy, like avoid vigorous exercise or lifting due to the risk of the shang ring moving or dislodging, so the dog has been missing out on my normal morning jogs and at work made up an excuse why I had to do light duties. I probably should have got a certificate from the doctor, but I am the manager where I work, so the staff couldn’t really question why I wasn’t helping with the manual work.

• #45568 Reply
        matt

That level of discomfort sounds about normal for a circumcision. Good luck with your recovery, I’m sure it’ll look great after a month or so.

• #45567 Reply
      Martin

I have only had freehand circumcisions but swelling is I think common, I certainly had swelling under the inner foreskin when I had a high and tight cut. I believe it is lymph fluid.

After my first circ I drove home and pulled some of the stitches which resulted in the scar line not being very even so good plan not to drive at all. After my high and tight cut I walked round the corner to a hotel for the night.

• #45569 Reply
        matt

It can swell with lymph fluid, the inner foreskin certainly does after a circumcision. The driving is more to do with the inability to perform and emergency stop when you know its going to really sting. I was very careful getting in and out of a car for a couple days after my circumcision, so I couldnt have driven in that first week.

• #45570 Reply
      Pierre

I remember having a lot of swelling to for 2 weeks. it looked like i had an eggplant between my legs. the weight and movement of it was uncomfortable, but after 1 week, most of the swelling was gone.i don’t suggest jogging in that state. lol. lying down with ice on it was what my Dr. recommended.

• #45592 Reply
      Nick

Hi Jacob,
      Where in Oz did you have it done, I’m searching for places in Sydney to have it done next year sometime .
      Not many do clamp type circumcisions . I was heading down the Pollock mogen clamp but not sure I’d be happy with the result .
      Cheers

• #45593 Reply
        matt

What are your concerns regards being circumcised with a mogen clamp? Mine was done exactly like the pollock technique video on youtube and the result is a scar line about 1/3 to half way up the shaft, and a fairly tight cut, i.e. no wrinkles and little movement in the skin when fully erect. Also, the procedure was all over very quickly and didn’t hurt at all (though the inner foreskin was swollen for two weeks and it was sore for a week to 10 days after). I think the pollock / mogen technique is very good.

• #45601 Reply
      Nick

Hi Matt,
      I’ve seen some results on Reddit of the Mogen method and they seemed all different outcomes. Some were loose some tight and varying scar line.
      That was going to be my go to because it looked quick and simple .
      Did they use glue on you or stitches .

• #45607 Reply
        matt

back when i had mine done, glue wasn’t an option so i had 20 stitches. Glue would be a much less disruptive option and would result in a much faster healing time and a clean cosmetic result too. I’d definitely choose glue over stitches if I could.

• #45608 Reply
      Nick

Thanks Matt.

Still need to consider method.
      Mogen does look quick and easy that’s for sure .

• #45614 Reply
      Ryan

From my experience a few pillows under the butt while sleeping should help

• #45671 Reply
      Deparc Newboldon

Me translate via google tranvestite. I wonk shag rug win I come two ingerland. Bist clinic to get dung. Please help. I come in a few days. Sorry for inglefish but moving to live for work 5 year and want arrange marriage so need to be circumcised before turkish wife.

• #45672 Reply
      Malik Gupta
      • #47368 Reply
        Tom

Wow, thanks for the link, just had my combined consultation and Shanghai ring circumcision in London. My partner arranged it all, as a surprise on my 19 birthday.
        She’s over twenty years older than me and my mum’s former best friend and a part time model and salon owner. She has no body hair, and likes me hair free. I do not have much left, as waxed, laser and hair retard cream for passed 2 years.

• #47380 Reply
          Anonymous

Tom, I’m curious was your partner able to book it without you knowing entirely or did you need a referral from a general practitioner? My wife is trying to do the same for me in the near future.

We are still trying to figure out how to even begin this entire process

• #47386 Reply
      Pierre

My partner booked Mine but I did have to sign a conscent form prior to being anesthetized.

Viewing 12 reply threads
Reply To: Shang Ring Circumcision
Your information:

32 − 27 =