Home Forums After the Cut Question about swelling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      M

Hi all,

Another question. I wondered what were your experiences of swelling after the op? From what I can tell I’ve had a high cut, but I don’t know whether it was tight or not. The skin seems to fold over the incision line on the top and rests against the Corona. It’s been around 10 days since the op, so there’s still plenty of swelling.

I’m basically wanting to figure out what it’s going to look like after, so when the swelling goes down do you think that it will stay like that?

I appreciate it’s a bit of an odd question, I’m just curious!

• #44829 Reply
      brandon

i have the same problem iv been worrying incase that it left over skin

• #44830 Reply
      matt

Everything in front the cut line will swell up. For me, the cut line took about a month to heal but the swelling of the inner mucosa that was now permanently exposed, and the glans, took about a year before it completely re-adjusted to its new state of affairs.

• #44831 Reply
      matt

It might be different if youre cut tight with a gomco clamp but mine was done quickly and simply with a mogen clamp.

• #44832 Reply
      Peter

The heavy lifting will be done in the first two weeks. Keeps getting better after that.

• #44833 Reply
      Mason

Hi M,
      Your question is not odd at all. It is hard to know how a circumcision procedure will resolve until the healing is done. The area around the incision will soften and become more supple with each passing day. Eventually it will be as soft and smooth as any other skin on the penis. You did not say, but many men are concerned with the tightness of the cut, and the best result is removal of “not too little and not too much.” Most doctors believe it is better to leave a bit than remove too much, as one can always have a bit more removed, whereas it would be very hard to add skin back! Patience is the name of the game in the healing process. You will be able to gently use your member in a few more days or perhaps a couple of weeks, but the healing will go on silently but surely for up to six months or even a year! Congratulations on finding the courage to get circumcised. That was the hard part. This step requires only patience!

• #45944 Reply
      M

Hi all,

Back again with an update. It’s been 6 months now since the op. I’m much happier and the only regret I have is not doing it sooner.

I’m a little worried about how it looks soft though, where it seems like I still have some swelling underneath (this was the worst part of the swelling originally). It looks like on one side it’s still swollen slightly, so I wondered if this is normal and if it’s going to go down ever? I feel a little embarrassed in the gym getting changed because it’s definitely noticeable.

Thanks

• #45949 Reply
      J90

Is the swelling soft or hard, and does it go away if you hold your penis vertically for a while? If it’s hard and doesn’t, you might have some scar tissue, if it’s soft and does, it’s swelling in the typical sense which is odd so long after the op. You might have an excess of skin on the underside if it’s soft and unaffected by position- if you kept your frenulum this might be related.

• #45951 Reply
      matt

The inner foreskin retained on the underside can look a bit puffy for months after a circumcision. Mine did, but its ok these days. I recall thinking it took about a year before it took on its final permanent appearance. every circumcision is different. enjoy the uniqueness of your own!

• #45952 Reply
      M

Thanks for the replies. It’s soft swelling, I’ve not tried holding it vertically but will later. If I wear tight briefs then it tends to disappear, after about a minute the “swelling” returns.

I’ll give it another 6 months and hope it goes eventually. Otherwise I’ll go the doctors and if it’s all normal will have to get used to it!

• #45956 Reply
        don amore

Hi M
        I agree with other comments about swelling. My inner foreskin took a good six months to calm down after the circumcision. Elevation for example rolling up a towel and tucking under ur penis at nite may help but keep the towel there while u sleep doesnt always work. Secondly wrapping with gauze or coban while applying slight tension during the day helped for me. Also cortisol cream works great

• #46081 Reply
      J90

I’d give it more time, each operation heals at its own pace and swelling is transient, it’s from things like lymph channels being cut. Was the skin able to retract before? I think if not you can expect a longer course of healing. You might feel you’re losing a bit of ‘tightness’ as the swelling goes down, but my high cut left everything good once it had healed. High cuts come with a bit more swelling risk as the skin that’s left is thinner.

• #46084 Reply
        matt

I concur. My now “high and tight” circumcision, was for the first six months, quite puffy/baggy from the cut line down to the glans, particularly on the underside where the cut line is the highest, a third of the way up the length of the shaft on the underside, and about a quarter of the way up on the top side. Over time it settles. After a year though, you’ll definitely have reached your final appearance with it.

Viewing 10 reply threads
Reply To: Question about swelling
Your information:

− 1 = 3