Home Forums Making the Decision I decided to finally do it (introduction)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Matt_C

Hello,

I’m a long time reader of this website and forum and I thought to make a post to show there are more of us out there who are interested in adult circumcision without any medical reasons.

I’m in my late 30s and my interest in circumcision started over 10 years ago. At first it was just a curiosity, then it slowly turned into a desire. However I dismissed it for a long time as irrational and unnecessary, as I never had any medical issues. I was also afraid of the negative effects (possible loss of sensations, difficulty with masturbation, …). However the desire only grew stronger over time. While I still see it as irrational, I came to accept that it is what I want and desire and that it is a valid reason. So after a lot of research and deliberation I finally made the decision to get it done. I’m now researching doctors in my country to make an appointment.

I decided for medium-low & tight with frenulum removed. I’m aware that there will be some loss of sensation and I’m accepting that. On the other hand I look forward with excitement to discover the new way my penis will work and the new feelings.

I will try to keep you updated.

• #44542 Reply
      GS

Congrats on making the decision. Please keep us posted.

• #44543 Reply
      Charlie

Great decision Matt. I too did my circumcision in my late 30’s after wanting to be circumcised for a very long time. I even kept my foreskin pulled back as much as possible to look circumcised. I’ve never regretted getting circumcised, not one time. I love it! The look, the feel, the cleanliness. My sensations actually got better with sex, all forms?…but that’s just me. Keep the forum updated. What country do you live?

• #44545 Reply
      ThatScanianDude

Hi MATT_C

i was in the same position that you are, got cut 12 years ago (in my mid 20s) after wishing for it since teenage years

here it is unususal, i only wanted this for myself, loss of sensation is untrue for me also, orgasms has beecome more intense and longer lasting now that I no longer masturbate inside my very long forskin

mine is medium low and medium loose (Coverindex of about 3-3,5)

• #44551 Reply
      Charlie

I agree Scandina, I also didn’t loose sensation, it all just got better for me, orgasms and all. I’m cut high and tight and really love the feelings I get from being circumcised.

• #44591 Reply
      Graham

Hi Charlie,

I have an appointment booked with a private clinic for a consultation on circumcision. I am 55, with quite a long foreskin. The doctor performs the circumcision freehand, which was recommended to me. It has been suggested to me that I take a photo from the Internet to show the doctor the kind of style I want, and high and tight seems to be the most common recommendation. What do you think of the photo idea? The lady who took all my details said the doctor would ordinarily completely remove the frenulum as part of the procedure, as a matter of routine. I prefer that anyway.

I welcome anyone’s thoughts and recommendations please.

Thanks.

Graham, London

• #44614 Reply
      Charlie

Graham, yes I think a picture is a great idea. Doctors need to know what the patient desires regarding circumcision look. High and tight verbally may not mean the same to everyone. A visual picture shows what you want the results to be!
      Yes I agree that frenulum should be removed, but that’s just my opinion! I removed mine and the area where it was is still sensitive I just don’t have to worry about a taunt strip of skin.
      Let the forum know how the consultation goes and when you have you circumcision scheduled.
      All the best to you.

• #44627 Reply
      Ryan vrento

I’m 25 and just got circumcised Charlie.its been about two months now.i truly love it.so does my girlfriend Leah.didnt lose any feeling.gained more feeling than ever before.very strong errections and orgasms.awesome.the look is very good too! Getting rid of a long foreskin was the best thing I ever did.recommend it to anyone thinking about it. It’s just really great. Sex is so much better with out a foreskin.best to all,ryan

• #44639 Reply
      Charlie

Great news for both of you. Thanks Ryan

• #44667 Reply
      Anthony Roberts

I am in my sixties and have been wanting to get this done for some time as I have had an ongoing issue with infection at the tip, itching and irritation (despite my rigorous hygiene routine and the application of antiseptic creams). I am really looking for a partial cut and my wife is of the same opinion. What are the pros and cons of partial vs total removal? I have had a consultation and the doctor recommended full circumcision but I am not convinced I want to have it all removed.

• #44672 Reply
        Will B

A full circumcision would certainly provide better hygiene, which may become an increasing concern as you get older. However, a full circ “doesn’t leave anything to play with,” either for you or for your wife. Either way, having part of your penis taken off is not a decision to be taken lightly. Good luck, whatever your decision. Keep us posted.

• #44668 Reply
      peter

To be honest I would go with full circumcision . You will never look back.

• #44671 Reply
      Charlie

Anthony, I agree with Peter. A full circumcision is the way to go. Why?
      You mentioned that you have a rigorous hygiene routine now. If you get a partial circumcision what are you actually accomplishing, nothing.
      You’ll still have foreskin that will trap moisture and potential issues with infection. You seem to be predisposed to infection even with your hygiene routine now. You will be glad you did a full circ when it’s done and you’re healed up. Peter and I could go into all of the benefits one gets from getting circumcised and I know it’s difficult to wrap your mind around it, but it’s true. You have to experience it to understand. Plus you have to want it. If you want it then when you get it there is a huge degree of satisfaction. That’s my thought, but your choice. Choose wisely.

• #44674 Reply
      Mary

My husband got circumcised 20 years ago because of very severe phimosis. The foreskin could not open at all. He had always had many infection and sex was painful because the skin would stretch and would describe as burning. The healing seemed to take very long. probably 3 months. But i did fix the problem. If yup have that medical condition. I don’t think a partial circucmsion will be a long-term solution. That left over skin can still get infacted, requiring more medical treatment.

• #44713 Reply
        Daniel

Could you conceive while he had phimosis?

• #44676 Reply
      Anthony Roberts

Thanks to all of you for the advice and support. I have spoken to two separate doctors who specialize in this surgery and neither seemed keen to do a partial circumcision. Both recommended the complete job. I must admit to being a little scared to go all the way (OK, quite a lot scared) but I am now thinking I will have to screw up enough courage to part with the entire foreskin, however I am still hoping to keep the frenulum.

Thanks again everyone.

• #44681 Reply
      G S

Anthony, I’ve scheduled my surgery for a cosmetic circumcision. One of my conditions is to keep as much of the frenulum as possible. Two surgeons had no problem with that.

• #44684 Reply
      Charlie

Just a word to you about keeping your frenulum, why?
      It’s your choice of course but why?
      For sensitivity?
      The under area where mine was is still quiet sensitive.
      My circumcision scar is sensitive, that’s a win in my opinion.
      I was so against keeping my frenulum because it had been actually torn and rubbed raw on more than one occasion. I did not want to deal with that possibility of it happening anymore. But that’s just me!

• #44685 Reply
      Anthony Roberts

The reason I want to keep the frenulum is solely for reasons of sensitivity.

• #44686 Reply
      Ronald

I did the same. I just did not want to risk the loss of sensitivity.

• #44689 Reply
      Charlie

I certainly understand. I know having had my frenulum torn on a couple of occasions was a huge deciding factor for me to remove it. The great thing is for me the location where my frenulum was is still sensitive.

• #44690 Reply
      Ronald

i thought that if you lose the frenulum you would lose sensitivity. maybe it varies from person to person. My doctor’s exact words were “you could lose a little or a lot of sensitivity, but almost all men lose some”.

• #44695 Reply
      Charlie

Ronald that is correct but what I lost was negligible at best as I still have sensitive area there. But what I gained from the circumcision far outweighed the minimal loss of sensitivity. But that’s just me.

• #44696 Reply
      G S

I brought up retaining the frenulum to a surgeon a while back, and his reply was that the coronal edge is more important for sensitivity during sex than the frenulum area. Since then I’ve given attention to what I feel during sex, and to a big extend he is correct. During masturbation the frenulum area is important, but during sex, the Coronal ridge.

• #44702 Reply
      matt

If you have a large frenulum keep it. if its just a thin, delicate thread, then lose it. It’ll only tear when under strain.

• #44714 Reply
        Daniel

The frenulum is divided anyway during circumcision. In my opionion it is best to fully remove it as the skin tags otherwise do not like nice.

• #44715 Reply
          matt

Yes. Because its very vulnerable to damage and bleeding once the glans is fully exposed by circumcision. some have a sufficiently robust frenulum structure that it can be retained, but for the majority, it’ll be dealt with by the surgeon as he or she sees fit.

• #44837 Reply
      Anthony Roberts

My procedure went well (seven days ago now). No pain on the day but did need painkillers for three days afterwards. When the first bandage came off things did look a little gruesome but a week on, the healing process seems to be well in progress. I’m looking forward to test driving my new (reconditioned) instrument in a few weeks.

• #44840 Reply
        G S

Congrats Anthony. Good luck with the healing part.

• #44869 Reply
        matt

I was the same. 3 days of paracetamol, but after that it just heals in the background while you get on with life. Glad you’re past the worst bit.

• #44870 Reply
        Peter & Natasha

Congratulations on your circumcision. What a wonderful thing to have done! We celebrate the anniversaries of my and our sons’ circumcisions so maybe you’d like to do that next year. It’s nice to commemorate it. Peter

• #44879 Reply
        Cassie

That is so wonderful that you’ve had it done. Don’t rush it though

• #45118 Reply
      Anthony Roberts

A few final words now that I am back in action. Technically speaking I’m high and loose but also feeling fine and looking to make up for lost time. I now realize that for quite some time, I was in denial about how tight I had gotten and I am glad the urologist (with your assistance) talked me into getting the complete job done. The tightness is ow a thing of the past (in more ways than one). Thanks again everyone.

• #45680 Reply
      Kenneth

Congratulations on getting circumcised. Had I not been circumcised at birth I’m sure that I would have chosen to have it done as an adult.

Viewing 25 reply threads
Reply To: I decided to finally do it (introduction)
Your information:

41 + = 47