Home Forums Partners Husband needs circumcision – please advise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author
      Laura

Hi everyone,
      My husband will need a circumcision, there is no way around. He has diabetes and his foreskin is pretty scarred. He does not really want to deal with it and has asked me to do some online research. I have found this board, read a lot and there seems to be much information. Can you please advise what is important when he gets circumcised?
      I have read here that there are different kinds of circumcision? This is a situation we would not have chosen ourselves but now that it is there we would like to make the best of it. What would be ideal for the best hygienic outcome? Can any kind of circumcision also make him last a bit longer? I have read about this here. That would be great. I have also read here frequently that circumcision might make masturbation more difficult or impossible. Will this automatically happen or does it depend on the kind of circumcision? My husband likes to masturbate and I would rather that he didn’t. So that would be a welcome by effect. I have also read that his glans will be very sensitive after circumcision and might cause him discomfort. Is there any way we could make it easier for him? Is there anything else we should pay attention to or tell the doctor?

I am sorry about the many questions that I have and I am looking forward to your answers. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• #45212 Reply
      J90

How long has the scarring been there, and does he have much foreskin to start with? If it’s a recent thing, and he’s not got an elephant trunk, discomfort should be relatively minor. The kind of cut probably depends on what the medics say, they probably have to remove damaged skin. What is his opinion on it? There might even be conservative methods available if he doesn’t want it.

>My husband likes to masturbate and I would rather that he didn’t.

hmmmm. There’s a troll here who writes control-themed stuff about stopping men masturbating under female handles. Assuming good faith, though- circumcision doesn’t stop it or diminish sex drive. A tight cut can make things more practically difficult at the start.

• #45214 Reply
      Laura

Thanks a lot for your reply. The scarring has been there for quite some time and now he has finally seen a doctor. Doctor says there is no alternative to circumcision. But maybe we should see a second one, you suggest?
      He is basically fine with getting circumcised, he mainly wants to get rid of the pain and discomfort.
      As to masturbation, as I said, that would be a welcome by effect. I read through the “my husband” thread here and some others and inhibiting masturbation is mentioned lots of times there, sometimes quite some time back. I am sorry if I got a wrong impression. I thought there must be something to it. As I have said if this was an opportunity to do something about his masturbation that a would be a welcome by effect. I am not happy about his masturbation but I accept it. The others questions are more important to me anyway. So thank you for your input.

• #45215 Reply
      Ally

Laura, first of all, a circumcision is nothing to be afraid of. Your husband and you will have many hygienic benefits and he will last longer when you have sex. To get the best results from a hygienic perspective, all of his foreskin should be removed, there should be no wrinkles anymore and the groove below his head should always be free. Then his head will fully dry out and the whole area down there will be clean. I imagine this to be beneficial for a diabetic as well. It looks much neater, too.
      As to masturbation, is is not true. My boyfriend has a very tight circumcision and he can still masturbate and has great orgasms. He needs lube to do it, which is a practical barrier and accordingly he does it less often than before but he would only have to fetch the lube. He also takes longer to come but that is to be expected and in line with him lasting longer during sex, anything else would be strange.
      Anyway, if you get a tight circumcision, as would be recommended from a hygienic perspective, that would, specifically as a by effect, make masturbation a bit more difficult for him and might reduce the frequency. I would say he should be circumcised as tightly as possible, but not because of any masturbation concerns but because of the hygienic benefits. I recommend that to anybody and also demanded it of my boyfriend. And if that really should make masturbation a bit less frequent, you probably won’t be unhappy . ;)

• #45216 Reply
      Joe

Circumcision methods may have an effect on whether inner foreskin is retained or not. For some, like me, the inner skin is the most sensitive but apparently, that isn’t the case for everyone.

Circumcision has not had an impact on masturbation, or duration, for me. If it has, I can’t tell and neither can my wife. She does think my orgasms are more intense though.

Glans oversensitivity would only be an issue at the very beginning. Pulling back the foreskin and keeping it that way to let the glans dry up might be effective at reducing the oversensitivity.

• #45217 Reply
      ScanianDude

i got cut in my mid 20s (12.5 years ago) purely for cosmetic reasons (it is very unusual here)

masturbation is only a little more difficult due to needing lube (like stated above) wich i think has made maturbation just slightly less commonplace

i do get more intense and longer lasting orgasms both from masturbation and sex wich is a great plus for me

like before i can sometimes go off very quick and sometimes last longer, not much difference for me, maybe slightly longer lasting in general?

the painful oversensitivity on the glans from the cut will get over soon, nothing to be afraid of, in my opinion the wonderful sensitivity is still there once the glans gets moist from lube/juice etc only the painful oversensetivity when dry has disappeared

feel free to ask anything

cheers/ThatScanianDude

• #45219 Reply
      Peter

Hi Laura

If you mentioned diabetes alone then that in itself is enough reason for circumcision. I was circumcised in 2014 after years of deliberation. What a total idiot I was and it led me to regret not doing it as a younger man.

One great side effect is that the bulb or glans of my willy has expanded. My wife loves this and loves the effect on the out stroke. She mentioned to her sister that I am circumcised and she it turns out is a big advocate of circumcision.

By the way I come from a country where circumcision is very very rare.

I love being a circumcised man and so does my wife.

• #45220 Reply
      Gemma

Laura, as his other half there really is no downside here for you (save for a few weeks after the op while he recovers). You will end up with a man with a much cleaner and more attractive penis, and it also lowers uti and cancer risks for you. Win win win. Your role here is to be as supportive as possible and reinforce what the medical staff tell him. I would suggest letting the urologist decide on style etc. as it is for a medical reason rather than just cosmetic. You don’t want him to have to go through a revision because the style you pushed for didn’t quite cure his issues.

I think the masturbation reduction is a bit of a myth tbh, boys will be boys if you ask me, but in my experience he will definitely last longer once he’s recovered

• #45221 Reply
      Laura

Thanks to all of you for your answers and support. We will let the doctor decide then on the kind of circumcision. Honestly I don’t know if there is much of a choice anyway, I was not present at the initial appointment last week and my husband said the doctor didn’t talk about different kinds of circumcision.
      My husband is booked in for Wednesday and is starting to become nervous. We will probably not ask a second doctor,my husband’s foreskin is really in pretty bad shape and he just wants to be rid of the pain and discomfort. The doctor has also made it clear that he sees no alternative. It also took some time to get the appointment and we don’t want to wait so long again. My husband is mainly wants to know about the pain but that does not seem so bad? To be honest, after what I have read here and what you wrote I am sort of looking forward to this (if this makes sense?? Or is that very weird?), even though I also feel bad for him having to go through this. Compared to now things can only improve and according to you there seem to be advantages too.
      Let me know please if there is anything else we should pay attention to. Thank you!

• #45230 Reply
        Dwayne

Hi Laura,
        Sorry to hear of your husband’s problem and hope it gets resolved OK. It’s natural to be nervous of course but if it helps at all, when I had mine done I didn’t have any pain at all. The only discomfort I had afterwards was slight and occasional prickling from the stitches when I moved around which was easily managed. I’ve heard others say the same. I promise, the first thing I noticed overall was comfort.
        Hypersensitivity is an issue for guys with phimosis who have never been able to expose their glans (head) and it doesn’t sound like that’s the case with your husband.
        Masturbation will require a change of technique and I’ve read (and can testify) that cut guys have more varied methods. As many have said, orgasms seem stronger when circumcised.
        You’re doing the best thing in going with the doctor’s approach IMHO as I don’t think it’s helpful to get too hung up on style. Scar position, method used, tightness and frenulum removal etc. are often discussed by the fanatics but it’s suspect most guys are just happy to have the problem fixed.
        After the procedure I recommend wearing reasonably tight briefs to keep the penis still so it doesn’t move around. Also to keep it pointing upwards as much as possible as gravity helps lymph fluid drain away and avoid swelling. Good luck

• #45235 Reply
        G S

If I knew how trouble free my circumcision would be beforehand, I would have worried a LOT less.
        Honestly my piercing healed slower than my circumcision.

• #45234 Reply
      Ally

Laura, your husband really does not need to be scared. My boyfriend felt minimal pain only, healed quickly and is absolutely happy with his circumcision eventhough he was somewhat reluctant to to get it done before. In your case it is medically necessary and in my case I had insisted on him getting done. That is why I can fully understand that you are looking forward to the results. Not weird at all. Circumcised is so much better!

• #45236 Reply
      Ally

Laura, if you are still doing research, may a point you to this site: http://www.aboutcirc.com/ that tries to provide an “unbiased look”. I am going to summarise a couple of findings.

As to hygiene and medical benefits it says “From the medical point of view the benefits of circumcision hugely outweigh the risks.”” And: It is now quite clear that circumcision provides protection against infection by the human papilloma virus, which causes genital warts. A recent major study of 1913 couples, in 5 countries, showed a very clear connection. This also seems to be the link with both penile and cervical cancer, which commonly seem to be caused by ‘rogue’ strains of the normally benign wart virus.” (And that is one of the reasons I would not want to have sex with an uncircumcised man.)

On intercourse: “And it certainly doesn’t it ruin the man’s enjoyment – men circumcised as adults invariably found sex better afterwards. What’s more, having a circumcised partner seems to make sex a bit better for a woman too.” “Overall, circumcised men had sex more frequently than natural ones.”

On masturbation (largely confirming the experiences I have made with my boyfriend): “Circumcision may not – does not – prevent masturbation but it does have a far reaching effect on masturbation. It makes a big difference both to how men masturbate, and how often they do it.
      Are we likely to see circumcision promoted again to prevent masturbation? Hardly – a 20% reduction isn’t terribly impressive! At the end of the day the circumcised man’s need to have lubricant handy, and clean it up afterwards, may be the major factor in the difference. ” “The women’s vote was quite unambiguous: most found it easier to masturbate a natural penis, many emphasizing that it was much easier. So after all, it seems that circumcision does indeed make it more difficult to masturbate!”

From my experience, I can say that all of this is pretty spot on. So, all in all, fear not: You will get a much better looking penis, that is much, much, much cleaner, potentially a husband that might masturbate a bit less often and definitely greater sex.

• #45249 Reply
      James

Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear your husband is suffering this discomfort. At least there is a solution that will relieve him of it with a few weeks of simple healing.

Do have a good conversation with the doctor about how the circumcision will be performed and what the intended result will be. I would wager with this being a diabetes related issue that virtually all his inner foreskin will be removed, so the high and tight look won’t be the result. It will more likely be a low result with about 1cm of inner skin remaining. If your husband is more a ‘grower’ then this is the best style. It allows the more stretchy outer skin to accommodate erections. That said, you want to ask the surgeon to remove enough skin to ensure there is no roll over when flaccid. If he’s a ‘shower’ and there’s not a lot of length difference between soft and hard, the doctor can estimate more easily how much to remove and get a good tight, but not super tight, result which will benefit you both.

Good luck to your husband and enjoy the pain free sex in the future.

• #45250 Reply
      Reuben

> I have read here that there are different kinds of circumcision?
      Yes – basic types are tight/loose and high/low.

> What would be ideal for the best hygienic outcome?
      The tighter the circumcision the less moisture will be retained – and for moisture read also smegma and potential odour. A partial circumcision to remove the scarred tissue only (probably the band at the very tip of the foreskin) is likely going to lead to a partially covered glans which will still be noticeably wet. It won’t trap drops of urine and semen in the same way as an intact penis, but the foreskin itself generates some moisture.

Even moderate circumcisions where the remaining foreskin bunches up against the glans when flaccid will see some moisture in the sulcus and the folds of skin. Though as others have mentioned – if he’s a ‘grower’ then it’s going to be inevitable that there’s some loose skin when soft to accommodate the growth during erections.

> Can any kind of circumcision also make him last a bit longer?
      Generally the less that is left of the inner foreskin, having the frenulum removed, and overall the tighter the circumcision the more effort it takes to reach orgasm during masturbation or intercourse.

> I have also read here frequently that circumcision might make masturbation more difficult or impossible.
      Where there is a will there is a way – it may need lubrication, it may need a change in technique, but he will find out eventually. I’ve never had this as a problem, but there’s a possibility with a tighter circumcision that you may need assistance with lubrication during intercourse too as there’s likely going to be a bit more friction. Of course, that extra sensation may well feel better too!

> I have also read that his glans will be very sensitive after circumcision and might cause him discomfort. Is there any way we could make it easier for him?
      If it’s possible to retract the foreskin for even a week or two prior to the circumcision the glans should start to become accustom to being without protection. This will get the drying out and skin peeling stage over with prior to the circumcision.

> Is there anything else we should pay attention to or tell the doctor?
      Just expect him to be out of action for a bit. For me it was 2 or 3 weeks until I could gently bring myself to orgasm, although with diabetes wound healing may take longer so you might have to wait the full 6 weeks or so that’s talked about.

• #45253 Reply
      Laura

Thank you all so much for your insight and your information. We feel very much supported and the information has been very helpful to understand what is happening and what impact it could have.

OK, we are back now and he is resting. He was in the doctor’s office for less than two hours and he says the most uncomfortable thing was the needles going into his penis.

What was done:
      – All the inner skin was removed because of the scarring. If I understand everything correctly, the circumcision wound is in the sulcus.
      – The frenulum was removed. The doctor said it was better to do it this way.
      – The circumcision is tight. This, too, was the doctor’s suggestion and it is in line with what has been recommended here. The doctor suggested that this is best for my husband’s condition.

All in all, this is the kind of circumcision I would have chosen anyway based on what you suggested and what I read online. To me the important thing seems to be that it is tight and it seems to look better with the frenulum removed, too. I didn’t not have a preference about the inner skin, so this is absolutely fine.

I hope he won’t be in too much pain in the next days and that the healing will go quickly.

If you want to, I will write again about the eventual outcome.

• #45254 Reply
        matt

Hi Laura,

Your husband will feel much better a couple of weeks after the surgery and although the wound healing will itch and if he has stitches so close to his glans, they’ll be a bit bothersome too, but after four to six weeks, he’ll likely be healed. internally, things take a little longer to fully heal and settle into their forever state, so go carefully for at least 8 weeks. after a full year, the final appearance and function is set for good.
        As per his diabetic foreskin diagnosis, he has received a low and tight circumcision. This will remove all the inner foreskin that is prone to troublesome scarring and infection and keep the glans permanently exposed to the air at all times so prevent any damp and dark folds.
        It will take a little time for him to come to understand how his new penis works. it won’t be the same as before. not a case of better or worse, just different. Once he’s got used to it, he’ll be fine. It’s a very healthy thing that he’s done and you’ll both benefit from it once he’s healed from his operation.

• #45399 Reply
        Greg

How is he finding it? I hope he’ll adapt and learn to enjoy his new configuration.
        How is he finding sex and masturbation after such a procedure?

• #45255 Reply
      ScanianDude

please keep us updated, we(I) are(am) here for support all the way, anything at all just a text away

glad it is over and done, I am sure you will soon wonder why you waited so long LOL

cheers//ThatScanianDude

• #45257 Reply
      Ally

Laura, that circumcision should give you a result where the head will fully dry out and without wrinkles in the skin. I agree that a circumcision should be as tight as possible.
      Congratulations to you, many women would be very happy if they had a partner with such a penis. In lots of cases, it takes a lot of effort for women to have have her partner circumcised. You will soon see the benefits.

• #45354 Reply
      Laura

Just a quick update. The healing is going quite well. There is still a bit of swelling but everything looks very good to me. I quite like the result. The circumcision seems to be very tight and the scar is directly below his head (which now is free all the time). Thanks again for all your support!

• #45355 Reply
        Will B

Nice. You may find the head gets somewhat larger over time now that it’s not confined.

• #45356 Reply
      G S

Congratulations to you two Laura.

In a month or two your husband’s only complain would be that he wasted time in waiting so long before going through with the circumcision.

• #45650 Reply
      Laura

It is been some time and I would like to say thank you again for all the support we got here. This is how my husband’s circumcision has turned out for us.
      Some things are pretty different from before, we both had to get used to some other things but overall we are happy.

Surgery:
      He really did not like the injections into his penis but after that he didn’t feel anything until towards the end when they removed the frenulum, which was unfortunately painful for him.

Healing:
      Healing was without major complications. When he was still not healed, erections were painful, possibly because he was circumcised so tightly and he had to take some painkillers.

Result:
      As I stated, my husband’s circumcision scar is in the sulcus. That means all his inner skin has been removed as well as the frenulum. You and the doctor recommended a tight circumcision and it turned out to be exactly what we got with the head and sulcus permanently bare, already quite smooth when flaccid and the skin stretched really tight when erect. The actual result came as quite a surprise to both of us.
      I never pictured what tight really means. When erect, there is really not the slightest movement whatsoever and it is simply impossible to draw any skin up to reach the sulcus let alone come anywhere near his glans.
      Where the frenulum was before there is now a deep triangular cutout.

Looks and hygiene:
      You were right, I think his new penis looks brilliant. When I see him now he looks “fully naked” to me and I find this very sexy. My husband also absolutely loves the look and wears it full of pride. And of course, it is much cleaner now which is great too, especially since he had some problems with hygiene.
      As you have described, the head has dried out and it feels like an area of “normal” skin. That is much better than before.

Sex and feelings:
      Apparently the inner skin and the frenulum were highly sensitive areas for my husband. As my husband has zero inner skin left with the scar in the sulcus close to the glans and the frenulum deeply removed all these feelings have gone. His glans itself is also much less sensitive than before. This has had deep consequences on how we experience sex but overall sex has improved. When before some slow and careful rocking inside me was enough to quickly bring him to orgasm (sometimes he already came when entering me) it is now much harder for him to eventually reach orgasm and he now needs stimulation that is much stronger and much more prolonged. However, he says the actual orgasms feel better than before. The way to get there though requires more work on his side, deeper and harder thrusting for a longer time and he positively “takes” me more forcefully, almost roughly and I definitely enjoy that especially since there also seems to be more intense friction because there is no skin gliding at all happening inside me. Now his penis really moves along the full length of my vagina . It is only now that I reliably come during sex and quite often before him as a matter of fact, which is something totally new. It is almost as if nature had meant the man to be circumcised to allow for more intense sex.
      Truth be told, initially he was quite concerned about the feelings that are gone. For him, sex feels pretty different now. He said that while before his whole penis felt great the feelings before he comes are now largely confined to his glans and even that is less sensitive than before. He says almost nothing happens on the surface of the skin anymore but that his orgasms start building deeply inside his penis while the actual pentration for him feels less intense than before. However, his attitude changed when we realised that he does not come too early anymore and when he changed his technique from his careful rocking to deep and powerful thrusts. It also helps that sex is no longer painful for him.

Masturbation
      You have been right, he can still masturbate and it seems to be a lie that circumcised men cannot masturbate. Here too, though, it is much harder for him to achieve orgasm and realistically he needs lube. Without it he gets sore quickly. All in all, he masturbates distinctly less often and especially the quick and short sessions do not happen anymore, which is something I am pleased with.

Bottom line
      I am very happy with his circumcision and he says he is too. I think it is natural that after such an operation some things will be different especially if, as in our case, the circumcision is extremely tight and if all the erogenous tissue of the inner skin and the frenulum have been removed. For us, overall, the changes have been good.

• #45652 Reply
        Will B

Contratulations on your husband’s circumcision. Sounds like he’s really “nice and tight” now, and I’m glad both of you are pleased with the result.

Masturbation
        I agree circumcised men can still masturbate, however it requires them to learn how to do it again with their newly modified equipment. If they have a readily available partner, they may find it easier just to have sex than invest the time time and effort learning how to masturbate again.

Also see my thread: “Does Circumcision Encourage Deeper Penetration?”

Further General Observations:
        IMO, You got exactly what you wanted, but in general it may not be a good idea for a woman who is trying to get her husband cut to become too fixated on one particualr style. There are serveral styles that can make the glans permanently exposed and dry, and erections reasonably tight, with little or no movement in the remaining skin. Ask your self if a less than ideal circumcision is better than no circumcision at all.

Also IMO, The style described here may be useful in a negotiating technique call the Big Ask. First determine the absolute minimum you’re willing to accept as far as circumcision. Then ask you husband for the most extreme circumcision possible, somewhat like the one described by Laura. If he agrees well and good. If not, you have room to reduce your demands, and compromise, all the way down to you minimum standards. This will make you appear more reasonable and flexible, and give him a sense that he has won come concessions from you. For your part be willing to make some genuine concessions, like letting him keep part of the frenulum, for example.

All just my opinion as I said. I hope someone may find this food for thought.

• #45653 Reply
          Laura

Hi Will, thanks for your comment.
          For the record, my husband was circumcised for medical reasons. Before it was mentioned by his doctor, I was totally indifferent towards circumcision and there certainly was not a style that I favored. The forum so kindly recommended I tight circumcision and that is also what the doctor suggested. It has all turned out for the best and I am not decidedly pro circumcision.

Re orgasms and masturbation, in our case I think it is not a question of relearning a technique but of what has been removed. My husband says when we sleep with each other or when he masturbates that he does not feel too much right until the orgasms, which then is great. It is all difficult too explain.
          If this sounds negative, it is not meant to at all. It is simply quite different from before. I feel now that he cannot just achieve an orgasm in a matter of moments that that his orgasms have become something more precious that he cherishes. This has elevated sex to a different level as well if that makes sense.

• #45654 Reply
          Laura

PS Re deeper penetration: That is definitely true!! To achieve orgasm, he penetrates me much deeper, much harder and much faster for a much longer time.

• #45655 Reply
            Will B

Laura

Thank you for you kind responses. I find them very interesting and informative. It is good to get a woman’s perspective on circumcision. I think men naturally and instinctively want to penetrate as deeply as possible and thrust as hard as possible, so any man would find this very satisfying and fulfiling, even if he has to work harder to achieve orgasm.

• #45656 Reply
        Sergio

What a wonderfully detailed account! Thanks!

• #45729 Reply
        Peter & Natasha

Hey Laura, thanks for your wonderful post. So detailed. And Peter and I are delighted that you are so happy with your husband’s circumcision – we were pretty sure you would be – so many advantages! We are so pleased that he was circumcised so tightly. Peter has no skin movement either (and nor do our sons). Circumcision is something that you can both enjoy for the rest of your lives. Congratulations! Natasha xx

• #45651 Reply
      Charlie

Hi Laura, excellent synopsis of what you both experienced with circumcision. It’s good for all of the people that read this forum to hear how both partners respond to the changes. The low and tight circumcision your husband got is very different from mine. I did a high and tight, retaining a lot of inner, sensitive foreskin my scar is mid shaft. I also removed my frenulum.
      Interestingly the area where my frenulum was is still sensitive, as is my circumcision scar. I do have about a 1/4” movement in the shaft skin but like your husband I can’t pull any skin over glans. Sex is incredibly better for me with the circumcision, as well as for wife. She loves that I did circumcision and like you says she can feel me so much better in her.
      And like you, visually, my exposed head turns her on. Then there’s the cleanliness part that is a win too.
      Thanks again for your contribution to the discussion.
      All the best to you and husband

• #45657 Reply
      Alice

It is without a doubt that circumcised inhibited masturbation for my hubby. He used to keep doing it all day in the shower, I caught him many times. He ended up getting a rash down there and I used that as a starting point to have him circumcised. He got a really low tight cut, by chance. I can see a huge difference. He even admitted to me that masturbation is simply too tedious and time consuming, while bring less satisfying. Sex is more frequent and spontaneous. I can happily say that the foreskin is a lady’s foe. Get rid of it, and you will see a man who needs you more.

• #45658 Reply
        Nur

I can’t agree more… my boyfriend of many years recently became a muslim as we intend to marry. He recently circumcised. It’s a tight cut when erect as he is a grower. The amount of sex he demands is much more … and as Alice attests, my man also says the same thing!! Masturbation is frustrating for him..

• #45659 Reply
          Dominic

Hi Nur, isn’t that a good thing for you that your boyfriend masturbate less and wants to have sex more often? :-)
          He can try lube for masturbation. I hope that he last longer now. Has he a low or high cut?

• #45660 Reply
            Nur

Not sure if it’s good or bad. In don’t mind if he wants to masturbate frankly. I guess it is a medium cut but it’s tight when erect.

• #45725 Reply
        Laura

I can understand where you are coming from although I would put it differently.
        Circumcision has indeed greatly improved our sex life and, yes, my husband now masturbates much less.

• #45662 Reply
      Nancy

I have a gf who is a nurse in a urology dept. and she Asists with circumcisin. Recently she was telling me about a device used for in Africa called prepex. She said she felt it should be sold in all American pharmacies over the counter for use on adults, no Ot children she felt children, if done, should only be done at a hospital. She showed me a video of it being used on YouTube. It looked pretty simple to use. If that ever happened it would be really great for us women. When we started dating a new guy who was not circumcised we could just buy that product and perform the procedure on him at home in a discreet way. I’m sure i have had some former bfs who would have supported that since it’s an easy , bloodless device.

• #45663 Reply
        Reuben

To suggest that men should be circumcised other than by a medical professional in a clinical setting is reckless and could lead to significantly increased risk of severe injury, even up to death. Yes it’s entirely possible to DIY (or have a partner do it), and be satisfied with the result. That definitely doesn’t mean that will be true for everyone however.

Whilst circumcision, especially when using a clamp type device may seem to be simple a lot can go wrong – pain relief may be insufficient or excessive, devices and scalpels can slip, wounds can get infected leading to sepsis and stitches (or glue) can fail. A device may claim to, and indeed, in theory appear to be bloodless but no matter how you circumcise you are cutting through several layers of skin with associated risks. You’ve not only got the operation to consider but the healing time also of several weeks when erections can easily reopen a wound.

• #45666 Reply
      Laura

I find these self circumcision remarks totally unrelated to this thread.

• #45732 Reply
      jack

I agree circumcision should be done by a competent urologist however a mohel,a jewish circumciser,can do a pretty good job.both my sons were circumcised by a mohel,although we are not jews, and the results are fantastic.

• #45735 Reply
        Martin

Hi Jack what type of cut does a mohel do? Is it high and tight or low and tight?

• #45736 Reply
      Jack

The mohel used a mogen clamp and the result is a low and tight Circumcision

• #45740 Reply
        Will B

I think the low and tight style is generally underrated and is worth a look by anyone considering circumcision.

• #45738 Reply
      Martin

Then a mogen clamp would leave a certain amount (the length of the glans) of inner foreskin remaining?

• #45739 Reply
        Will B

Martin,

Not a medical person, but I don’t think this is necessarily true. If the foreskin is pulled through the clamp tight enough, it can actually compress the glans or push the penis temporatily back into the abdomen during the process such that only a little cuff of foreskin remains behind the glans after the cut. Only a very minimal amount of inner foreskin would be retained. If this is a concern due to loss of sensitivity, then possibly part of the frenulum could be retained to compensate for the lost inner foreskin. But that’s just an opinion, and what seems logical to me. This would be a question for a doctor.

• #45880 Reply
      Laura

Just a quick update for those who are following:

My husband’s scar had never been too visible as it falls directly into the sulcus. By now, it has faded even more and has become even less prominent. Apparently, some healing is still going on.

Still not the slightest trace of infection. We are very happy about that.

Hygiene is still great (of course). He is still very proud of what his penis looks like and has started removing his hair down there. His genitals now look like a work of art and I enjoy looking at them.

We still sleep with each other much more than before and it is great that he can experience sex without the pain.

The skin on his glans has further thickenend and he feels still less there compared with what it was like some weeks ago. We wonder if this is an ongoing process or if some kind of plateau will be reached eventually? His orgasms feel great but he still does not feel too much during actual intercourse until we get there (and also less than some weeks ago because of the changes in his skin). He compensates with very strong and deep thrusts. I still enjoy that, eventhough it IS a bit rough from time to time. Very different from before. :)

Masturbation has become even more difficult for him and he rarely does it anymore. He used Alice’s exact words, “too tedious” and that sex is easier for him and produces better orgasms. Since this was one of the hopes I connected with him getting circumcised… Result! :)

• #45882 Reply
      jack

After my circumcision age 23 it seems than the skin on my glans thickened over the years so this is an ongoing process.The edge of the glans is more pronounced so my wife gets more rubbing on her vagina and her G spot.I also give stronger and deeper thrusts.Masturbation is more difficult because with a foreskin all you have to do is cover and uncover the glans.Once you are circumcised it is not possible because the glans is permanently exposed and you cannot cover even a small portion of the glans especially when erect.masturbation is different with a circumcised penis,you can keep tugging the remaining skin attached to the scar,it can be done dry or moist.You can moist the whole glans or rub the circumcision scar or the remaining frenulum.Orgasm is a bit delayed but they seem bigger and there is no skin in the way to mess things.

• #45883 Reply
      Laura

Thank you for your explanation. Let’s see how this develops. It would not be good if he became signficantly less sensitive than he is now. Already as it is the sex is much more intense than before. It feels great but I am not sure if I can take much more, also since we sleep much more regularly together now. We would have had sex once or twice a week but now because he finds sex easier than masturbation we do it everyday or almost everyday (which is why he is absolutely fine with the masturbation situation btw…). It is all good as it is but I hope sensitivity-wise nothing much will change from now on.

• #45890 Reply
        Will B

If sex is too frequent and demanding for you, one alternative might be for you to consider learning how to masturbate him. Try using a lot of lube and gripping firmly. Experiment with different lubes,
        long strokes, short strokes, fast, slow, etc. Fellatio might also be an option. You didn’t mention oral. Some women find oral unpleasant and don’t like it. Nothing says you can’t put a condom on him for oral. Put plenty of water based lube inside the condom. Either fellatio or masturbation would not be as demanding as all out sex, provide variety, keep him satisfied between lovemaking sessions, and be more interesting and engaging than just trying to do it himself.

• #45884 Reply
      jack

The glans will become less sensitive flaccid but erect it will be as sensitive as before circumcision.My wife gives me a blow job almost everyday and sex is great.Masturburbation is less present in our relationship.

• #45885 Reply
      Laura

My husband has definitely become less sensitive over time also when he is aroused. He takes longer to come than when we first started having sex after circumcision and he says he feels less.
      So, this is not normal?? Shall we talk to the doctor. Again, it is fine the way it is now but it shouldn’t go on.

• #45891 Reply
        Reuben

There will be little a doctor can do in terms of how much sensitivity there is in the remaining tissue over the penis.

I certainly feel sensations as soon as penetration starts from the labia sliding along the length of the shaft and former inner foreskin so I’d expect your boyfriend to be feeling something at least. It might be though that if he was really used to the sensations prior to being cut, and then the still over sensitive glans following that it will take a bit longer to adjust.

Reducing frequency of sex, and incorporating more foreplay would be the suggestions I’d have for making orgasm through vaginal sex easier at the moment.

• #45892 Reply
      Laura

Thank you for your replies. I think it is natural when you remove sensitive tissue of the genitals that sex will feel different afterwards. That is fine and was to be expected.

He can now have sex without any pain and his orgasms feel great, stronger and more intense than before.
      He only very rarely masturbates anymore (which I am really happy about!) and we compensate with much more frequent and more intense sex. Again, all is fine at the moment.

If it remains like this we both think this was a good thing to do. The only thing we are worried about is if that loss of sensation will continuesly go on because his glans (his only sensitive area that is left) will further desensitise over time? I have difficulties believing that to be the case though. Millions and millions of men around the world are circumcised and have a great sex life. It would just be great if someone could reassure us that the loss of feelings in the glans will not significantly increase in the future.

• #45893 Reply
      jack

Hi Laura, when was your husband circumcised?

• #45901 Reply
      Laura

Hi Jack, that was in mid-October.

• #45902 Reply
      Jack

Hi Laura ,so it has been 3 months since your husband was circumcised.From my experience I would say that that loss of sensitivity when flaccid is reached 3 months after circumcision.The bare glans rubs against the underwear or pants and the glans thickens, gets bigger and the coronal ridge is more pronounced so during intercourse the glans fills more the vagina and the coronal ridge rubs against the vagina and the G spot.There is no extra skin in the way.masturbation is a little bit more difficult.Loss of sensitivity when erect is reached after 3 months but it is compensated by stronger and deeper thrusts.Also don’t forget the psychological aspect of it.While you have sex tell him how you appreciate the sacrifice he made for you with his circumcision.Tell him how you love his beautifully circumcised penis,this will get you both very horny and you will have a great sex life for years to come.

• #45905 Reply
        Dwayne

For sake of accuracy, the glans skin doesn’t actually physically thicken, as in you don’t suddenly gain layers of skin after a circumcision. Sorry, just dispelling a common myth :)

• #45908 Reply
          Laura

I didn’t know that. I read it somewhere and it makes sense to me because it certainly looks that way and sensitivity is decreasing. For example he does not feel rubbing his glans against his underwear. At the beginning that was pretty uncomfortable for him.

• #45909 Reply
            Sergio

It’s been years for me and I still feel the glans rubbing in my underwear. It’s part of the fun, actually ;).

Just like the clitoris can be unpleasantly sensitive when not aroused, so is the glans, and this sensitivity is definitely lost to circumcision, but then who would miss that?

• #45904 Reply
      Laura

Hi Jack, thanks for your reassuring words. It is definitely true what you say about deeper thrusts and masturbation being more difficult. I feel relieved to know that sensitively is not going to diminish further. In the end we will have to make do what is there and build our sex life around it. And sex itself feels much better for me, the orgasms feel better for him.

However my husband didn’t make a sacrifice for me. He had to get circumcised entirely for medical reasons and I didn’t ask him to (though to be fair I did hope it would inhibit masturbation, which it effectively did and even more Fully than I had expected.)
      If you are interested maybe you would like to read about our circumcision journey that I described throughput this thread.

• #45910 Reply
      J90

The loss of sensation might just be getting used to the new setup. I kept my head uncovered for a while before my op, but there was still a difference between ‘skinned back as often as I can remember’ and ‘always exposed’ when it came to contact with my trousers. It wasn’t a bad sensation (done by choice) but there was a lot more awareness of the bare head, definitely if I wore jeans. Now, it’s less ‘new’ to have trousers directly against the glans, and my body has come to expect the sensations associated with that. I’ve been cut for a long time now, and

Sexually, though, the feeling comes from deeper in the head- the glans being squeezed and the skin being pulled. Circumcision doesn’t diminish that, it improves it if anything because the skin is tighter. The light touch against jeans/slacks/shorts day to day is a different kind of sensitivity and it’s less sexually important.

• #45911 Reply
        Laura

Our individual experience is different. My husband feels much less after circumcision (I gave a detailed account above).

• #45912 Reply
          GS

Hi Laura

I am 5 months after my circumcision, and have experienced a drop in sensitivity on month 3-4, but a definite “return to normal” in the last two weeks. It just got better and better in my case. Don’t give up hope. Your husband, and yourself must adjust a little to get the “new” sweet spot.

• #45915 Reply
          Tom

Laura, I know what you are talking about. About 10 years ago, I was circumcised, too. Main reason to getting it done was having irritations on a regular basis. But, also my wife played an important role. When I was bringing it up the first time, she immediately jumped on it and heavily influenced the further steps. In conclusion, I was cut very low and tight. Based on what I feel, main influencing factor is not the glans or rubbing on something, but the loss of inner foreskin. Due to tightness basically no masturbation is possible in the sense it is making fun (of course, it would be possible physically, but it does not give me too much). As pleasure now is all around the glans, I do prefer oral or vaginal sex. Depending “on the need” I need to have more friction, leading to increased thrust. My wife is mostly enjoying this, but only mostly. What I can say is, that the effect is almost immediate and does not increase. And my wife kind of likes it, if I do have “challenges” in coming. She says, it gives her some kind of power, which is better then fighting against early coming. So overall, very happy with what I have and she enjoys it as well. She now mostly comes earlier than I do.

• #45919 Reply
          J90

On the one hand, you say he’s experiencing stronger and more intense orgasms, and on the other that his glans is less sensitive? I read that as being less sensitive to everyday contact, as that’s pretty common- for a while after my circumcision I was getting random erections like a teenager just from contact with the inside of my clothes, but it’s a lot more ‘normal’ now. The feelings don’t go away, but i’d have to focus on them- my sexual response is a bit more hair-trigger as a result, but just glans-on-trousers itself isn’t a sexual stimulus for me.

• #45917 Reply
      jack

It is true that since my circumcision I prefer oral or vaginal sex although masturbartion is still possible but less pleasurable.I lived my circumcision as a new puberty discovering how my new tool works and this is exciting.

• #45918 Reply
        matt

I am the same as Jack in as much as I lived my life immediately after my mogen clamp circumcision as a “new puberty” when I was 17. I had previously been masturbating daily from the age of 13, 4 years of achieving orgasm by massaging the foreskin over my glans since it wouldn’t retract.
        Once I was circumcised and the head permanently exposed, I took to learning how to orgasm by massaging the shaft, not really going near the glans at all.
        The only time I derive any pleasure from deep pressure sensation in my glans, is from the pressure and heat of my partners vagina, but nothing from light touch sensitivity tbh. I have no frenulum either, a lot of pleasure is got from stretching the frenulum during thrusts but that doesnt apply in my case at all, giving me great longevity and destroying any chance of premature ejaculation.

• #45939 Reply
      ScanianDude

About 13 years ago since I got cut in my mid 20s

when dry i sure have less feeling from rubbing clothes, but seams in underwear still hurt

when glans is moist from lube or juice it is still very sensitive, sure
      I can thrust hard and deep if wife wants and sometimes last little longer, but sometimes i can also go really quick just like before…

I met my wife about 4-5 months after getting cut (I think) so cannot say anything about how sensitivity has changed during those months

only can say I feel no difference last 13 years. Only thing depending on difference in how long I last is if i stay away from sex a few days it is usually quicker

Cheers/ThatScanianDude

Viewing 38 reply threads
Reply To: Husband needs circumcision – please advise
Your information:

26 + = 35