Home Forums Making the Decision How to begin the process?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I was finally able to talk my partner into being okay with letting me be circumcised along with a vasectomy.

The circumcision isn’t for a medical need, just cosmetic.

We aren’t sure where to start though. Can you go directly to a urologist or do you need a referral from a GP? We are in the US.

Can my partner book the appointment for me as part of a surprise, or is there a process/multiple appointments we would need to go through to get this done?

• #47242 Reply
      Lisa

Many prefer to do both at the same time. It tidies up everything, plus one surgery is better than two. In the US you just need to see a urologist. They do this all the time. In some cases, they will want a referral from your GP if you are using medical insurance. Best of luck.

• #47243 Reply
      GS

Many years ago I went for a vasectomy. At the time of the appointment, the doctor suggested a circumcision too. I chose to go ONLY for vasectomy at the time. I was circumcised a year ago. In hindsight, I should have done both at the same time.

• #47245 Reply
      J90

Can my partner book the appointment for me as part of a surprise, or is there a process/multiple appointments we would need to go through to get this done?

No. Medical ethics require informed consent, no doctor will do “surprise surgery”.

• #47246 Reply
      Anonymous

J90, it obviously has my consent. From their eyes it would be just my spouse booking the appointment for me. From our point of view it would be my wife not telling me when the appointment is.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: How to begin the process?
Your information:

+ 31 = 33