Home Forums Making the Decision Getting cut in January 2020

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Gary

I am getting a Circumcision in January. I have a tight and constantly irritated foreskin. After several consultations with multiple urologist I am convinced this is the best option for me. Any advice on styles of cut and anyone that has visited Dr Davind Cornell in Atlanta? He seems to be very knowledgeable and concerned with the appearance of the unit as well as health and functionality. Thanks for any input.

• #39437 Reply
      Mason

Dr. Cornell did my circumcision and I could not be more pleased. You can look around this site and get some opinions on style and tightness. For my two cents worth, if you are going to do this, why would you do it half-way? But that is just my opinion. Dr. C. will go over all the options when you visit his office. You will not feel pain. He is very kind. One more thing. Don’t be bashful. He does circumcisions professionally. Nothing you ask or that your body does (such as getting an erection) will be odd or unusual to him!!! Finally, do follow his directions during the recovery process. You will want to be gentle with yourself for a day or two, though you will not be in severe pain. I found it helpful to wear tight briefs during the first days of recovery; went back to my regular boxer briefs after that. I only wish I had gotten circ’d sooner!

• #39438 Reply
        Gary

I have had to visit with him and I’m calling tomorrow to make my deposit and schedule the day. I have been saying I want it loose and low. The low because of scar tissue from multiple uti and irritated inner fore skin. He was agreeable with that determination. The loose was decided on because I really enjoy running it with no lube. But after looking on here I’m not so sure. I don’t know if I would be able to rub it without lube once he takes off enough of the skin to keep the head exposed and get rid of the inner irritated skin anyways. So I’m starting to lean towards a more tight cut. Any thoughts anyone ?

• #39439 Reply
      Mason

I got mine tight enough that I really need lube & actually prefer it. It does change the way you masturbate, but I really wanted to be fully exposed, with no skin resting on the corona, 24/7. So, as the saying goes, “you pay your money and take your choice.” For me, tight has been good. But each to his own.

• #39442 Reply
        Gary

How old were you when you had it done. How long have you been circumcised?

• #39444 Reply
      Charlie

Hi Gary, congratulations on your decision to go for circumcision.
      For what it’s worth, my opinion is go tight. I did circumcision when I was 39. I’m a grower. My circumcision is great when erect with shaft skin only slightly movable. But flaccid I don’t like it because skin rolls over glans. If it were completely tight erect that wouldn’t happen. My urologist said he will do a revision to tighten. You’ll learn to like your new status and how best to masturbate. I don’t like lube so I never use it. I just learned how to do it dry and it works for me.
      Best of luck, let us know what you decide and how you’re doing post op.

• #39445 Reply
      Gary

I’m a grower also. Can it get tight enough so it doesn’t roll back over the head when it is soft?

And also how do you rub it when it that tight without any lube ??

• #39446 Reply
      Graham

Hi Gary – you are in the same position as me. I have an appointment with the consultant at the clinic in January, with the circumcision provisionally booked for last week of January. My research suggests that I prefer a high and tight style so I am hoping that the consultant can confirm that this would be possible / best. The clinic says that they normally remove the frenulum too, which seems to be the norm. Like you, it’s the discussion as to how much foreskin can be / should be removed which I am unsure about. Someone suggested to me to take a couple of photos showing the style I want to show to the consultant next month. Any suggestions or comments welcome. Thanks.

• #39451 Reply
      nico

Hi Graham,

When I get circumcised 3 years ago I went for a cut that would make sure there would be no skin that was loose enough to cover the head or even base of the head when soft. So it was pretty tight, but i wanted that result for looks and feel. When I did consult my urologist his staff did advise me against that degree of tightness fearing that it would cause uncomfortably tight erections and possible additional scarring. After the procedure, for I would say almost 6 or 7 months it did in fact feel tight. But i used a lot of moisturizer to heal and keep the shaft skin supple. in that time, the skin did loosen a bit making it more comfortable and less tight. The skin in that part of the body is pretty amazing in it’s ability to stretch. So i would say i, personally, like it tight that way with no skin rolling onto the head and no skin movement when erect. But everyone has a different desired result and i am not the “grower” type. At that time, my girlfriend did also say that she enjoyed giving hand jobs without having to hold the skin down at the base. i did not even realize she was doing that the whole time since she mentioned it them some 6 or so months after healing. Apparently the technique she was using with both hands is pretty tiring for the hands and arms so that change was what so was most pleased about. Good luck. Express you desires to your urologist and consider their feedback also. I know it can be a difficult decision.

• #39461 Reply
      Landon

I got my cicumcision at 31 years.high and tight is the best.so very glad to be circumcised.

• #39462 Reply
      Landon mason

I had a very long foreskin.And it was very hard to keep clean at times.all my friends are circumcised.plus my doctor,said it would be a good idea to have my foreskin cut off.so glad I did.my wife likes it alot.so easy to keep clean.erections are a lot bigger and better.sex is so much better.high and tight is the way to go.very proud to be circumcised !

• #39464 Reply
      sven

I was circumcised a fear about five years ago when i was 29. I similarly had very long foreskin that would bother me and most women I had been with preferred a circumcised penis. Not to mention the health benefits that come with it. As for the cut I would recommend tight based on my own experience as I was done ow and tight and have no complaints once I got used to it.

• #39467 Reply
      James

Good morning,

I was circumcised last year. Freehand by my urologist. When hard I have a great tight circumcision, fells tight and full. Yet still has minimal shaft movement. When soft I do t get coverage of the head at all. Just bunching behind it.

Too bad we cant share pics on here lol.

• #39468 Reply
      Gary

Thanks for all the input guys. After reading on here and your input I am going to go for a tight fit. I will have to go low because that is one of the reasons I’m getting it done. To get rid of the irritated inner skin. I am also looking forward to the change in feeling when having sex. And the look. Any input on what I can do to get ready for the change ??

• #39469 Reply
      Charlie

For all of the guys that aren’t circumcised that read this forum and are researching the types and benefits, I think tightness erect is the key thing, whether or not your cut line is high or low. Like so many others state sex got much better. For me the tightness of the shaft gives increased stimulation. The women like it much better, especially in the USA, because that’s what they are used to seeing and feeling.
      Circumcision is a win win for everyone. As far as pictures on this site, the only benefit would probably be seeing what one member says is high and tight compared to what another thinks. There are plenty of examples online one can look at to see if theirs compares if they’re already circumcised or what look a guy may want if he’s considering getting circumcised. I suggest to those considering to take a screenshot and show doctor want you want.
      All the best to all

• #39470 Reply
      nico

i agree with Charlie. Instead of taking a risk of not getting what you wanted, and then later having a revision, I would suggest printing photos to take to your doctor so he can both hear and see what you want. This is really important, i think. Otherwise, they may not really understand your wishes. But it is you that has to live with it. Don’t leave any room for error. If the Doctor won’t agree to your style (which would be really unsusual in the US, though perhaps could happen another country), try another doctor. i have heard that the few female Urologists that do circumcisions on adults tend to take more skin off, but i’m not sure it is true. either way, you want to avoid a re-do and go through the healing and downtime twice. I have found that in the US most Urologists that see adults wanted circucmcision know that the adult knows what he wants and if he is paying out of pocket they will just do it. Also, be very clear on if you want the frenulum removed or not. Otherwise, you have a 50/50 chance.

• #39471 Reply
        James

I had a female urologist, she actually did a great job at asking exactly what and how I wanted my circumcision

• #39490 Reply
      Graham

I am grateful for the advice here on what style to request at the consultation next month. I certainly don’t really want any loose skin when erect. I’m assuming that the urologist will induce an erection in order to see what would work and how much foreskin can actually be removed. As pointed out, I don’t want to end up slightly disappointed after so much research and effort.

Graham London

• #39494 Reply
      Gary

The urologist has not induced an erection with me. But I am going to go in for one more consult before my op. I am doing it more for medical reasons than looks but after more thought I will also seek to have it look go as well as the medical benefits. I am going to insist on him seeing it erect as I am a grower and I believe it will matter more than if I was a shower. I want him to see what I will be working with when he is done.

• #39498 Reply
        Jack

The limiting tightness is what you can comfortably get an erection with. For foreskin irritation and similar stuff, you get the best results medically by exposing the head as much as possible. Most guys who have the op as an adult go for this anyway, but many choose a higher cut (leaving more inner skin). This retains sensitivity and can let you keep your frenulum, but it has risks- inner skin is thinner, so you’re at more risk of complications/swelling, and it’s also more capable of folding down to cover the head. Medical cuts are usually lower for those reasons. It’s not usually a big problem, though. If you still have coverage when soft, I recommend going commando- I did that while uncut to keep the head exposed, as stimulation causes a small increase in average blood flow and it’s easy to pull the skin back via a pocket.

• #39516 Reply
      Charlie

I agree with Jack’s thoughts on tightness. I chose to do a high cut because of the sensitive inner foreskin, but I did remove my frenulum. However, the area where frenulum was is still sensitive to touch, at least for me! Funny, I did the pocket thing to when I was uncut and the skin slid forward.

• #39535 Reply
      Graham

So the general consensus here to take along to my consultation at the end of the month is a high cut (to remove the outer foreskin and expose the inner foreskin), coupled with the removal of the frenulum (which for me is not in any way sensitive anyway so I am relaxed about that aspect). The smooth look when the frenulum has been removed is as important to me as the actual circumcision.

My UK consultant uses the Pollock Technique. Does anyone have any comments on this please (bearing in mind that this is for a cosmetic circumcision as opposed to any medical reason)? Is there anything specific I should ask or know about with this method?

Thanks guys.

• #39539 Reply
      Charlie

Graham,
      I’m sure you’ve done a lot of reading on the Pollock technique.
      I think you should specifically ask about the frenulum. This method uses a Mogan clamp and I’m not sure if it actually takes the frenulum. My reading about it in a couple of instances says the frenulum remained. I read one where the frenulum was gone. That’s why I believe you should ask. It seems most everyone is pleased with the cosmetic look after healed which is great. I got circumcised for cosmetic only reason too. Well personal reason of just wanting a circumcised penis was the true driving force.
      I’m sure all will turn out great for you. Let us know how it goes and how you like the new you, as it were.
      All the best

• #39549 Reply
      Craig

James can you post her information

• #39551 Reply
        James

She’s in Texas. Where are you from?

• #41118 Reply
      Steve

Graham,

The pollock technique does not remove the frenulum. I got circumcised in June and I had to get a frenulectomy the same day I got circumcised. I had the choice between the mogen clamp or shang ring, but since I was getting both procedures done, I had to go with the mogen clamp. Otherwise it would double my healing time! (no thanks!). I saved a few hundred dollars doing them both at the same time too. He used actual stitches as opposed to the dissolvable kind.

Viewing 20 reply threads
Reply To: Getting cut in January 2020
Your information:

16 − = 12