Home Forums Frustrations Feeling Like You Still Have a Foreskin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Cyndie

Hello,

My husband was circumcised 3 months ago. Everything seems to have healed fine, but he says he has this sensation like his foreskin is still there (like a phantom limb) and he describes it as annoying. Has anyone else experienced that?

• #45093 Reply
      Reuben

Not as such but the scar did take a little while to settle down – around 6 months to a year to go completely. For a few weeks, while the edges were still quite raised if I moved fingers along penis it did feel as though they were jumping across the much larger gap of skin which had been removed rather than the now adjacent pieces of shaft and former inner foreskin. Particularly strange if you’re looking at it and your body is telling you something has moved a good 5 or 10 centimetres rather than the couple of millimetres you can see. That resolved itself though and now the skin feels continuous just like it has always been that way.

• #45099 Reply
      matt

I know what he means. I found after 6 months, once the body fully adjusts to the permanent exposure of the glans, the “awareness” of the glans goes away, and when flaccid most of the time, there’s no sensation in clothes at all, just like being covered with foreskin. I don’t think its keratinisation. My glans didn’t go pale and loose that shiny uncut appearance for a few years after my circumcision.

• #45100 Reply
      mason

I’ve read elsewhere that when a man is loosely circumcised & the remaining skin creeps forward onto the corona and down on the glans, it can cause a very irritating feeling. Sometimes the remaining skin can even slide forward enough to entrap the glans and pull it back into the body. This is cited as a reason for having a full circumcision.

• #45103 Reply
        matt

Yes, it’s referred to as “Turtling” and can also affect circumcised men who put on a lot of weight later in life as the pubis pushes forward and rolls the shaft skin over the glans. Some will even end up with a “Buried penis”. There is nothing that can be done short of losing the weight (very difficult in the pubic area to loose) or liposuction. Most men will accumulate weight around the abdomen with age, and with that in mind, it’s a good idea to make sure a full circumcision is performed with a low coverage index, to allow for it. In most cases, where the weight gain isn’t extreme, a revision can always be performed provided the shaft and the remaining shaft skin are at least the same length when the base of the penis is pushed right back. You should not circumcise so tightly that the shaft skin is a fraction of the actual penile length or it really will bury the penis, even when erect. So in summary, the best looking circumcisions are C-1 circumcisions on men who are not overweight.

• #45101 Reply
      Cyndie

I guess thus irritation will get better over time?

• #45102 Reply
        Peter & Natasha

If your husband’s circumcision is loose then it probably won’t get better I’m afraid. I would suggest he gets circumcised again and this time has it really tight. That’s how I am and there’s no problem with coverage of my glans penis. Peter x

• #45104 Reply
          matt

I agree. If the man is not excessively overweight, then a revision to a CI-1 level, tight circumcision would always be the best choice. It is a very minor procedure, especially when skin closure glue is used to close things up. Plenty of dedicated circumcision clinics offer it at an affordable price.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Feeling Like You Still Have a Foreskin
Your information:

79 − = 73