Home Forums Making the Decision Don’t understand styles and questions on recovery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Chris

Hello! First, I wanted to say thank you for this website! It is great to read that I am not the only one with questions about getting cut. I am in my 20s, no intimate experience yet but I am considering it for the look and more importantly my foreskin is not very comfortable when I am hard, and I think it would just be easier to lose it.

My questions are about the styles, I do not really understand the “low vs high” cuts, I would like it to be somewhat loose but not as loose to where it wrinkles like the diagrams here show, which I also don’t see how it could happen. My other questions are about the stitches vs glue, I am in the midwestern United States, I am not even sure if those are available here, but I am wondering if the glue actually makes the recovery time longer and if the scar is actually less obvious? Also, how long does it take to recover? I have read recovery took from 2 weeks to an entire year for swelling to go down, I usually heal quickly but I am not sure about having the shaft swollen like that for longer than a month. I know these are a lot of questions, answers to any would be appreciated :)

• #48186 Reply
      Reuben

It can be a bit difficult to visualise what your own penis looks like in the opposite circumcising state from what it is now so start by pulling your foreskin back as far as you can. Your glans should be fully exposed now, you will have some paler sensitive skin next to it (the inner foreskin), then some wrinkled tissue which probably fits more closely around (the ridged band) followed by shaft skin.

Looking along this skin circumcision removes a ring of skin from the penis, and the two edges are then stitched (or glued – can’t comment on that) together. If the distance between the two cuts is bigger, more skin is removed, and the cut is tighter, conversely if they are closer together then the cut is looser. A looser cut is similar to you not pulling the skin back as hard – remaining skin remains slightly bunched around the glans, or can even go over the rim if very little is removed.

Essentially if loose the flaccid penis will have bunching that looks similar to that seen on an erect uncircumcised penis. To have no bunching at all when flaccid you need a fairly tight circumcision, particularly if you are a ‘grower’ – that is your erect penis is much bigger than flaccid as the extra skin to accommodate the change in size has to go somewhere!

As to high and low, with a high circumcision the ring of skin that is removed is closer to the base of the penis. It’s mostly shaft skin that’s removed meaning appearance, and sensations will be fairly similar to if you hold back your foreskin – you’ll see the paler former inner foreskin which will retain higher sensitivity, then usually there will be a sharp transition at the circumcision scar line to the shaft skin. Although if the cut is very high then you might even retain the ridged band.

A low cut sees the scar much closer to the glans – sometimes immediately adjoining to it such that no (or little) inner foreskin remains. Once healed it can seem almost as though the foreskin never existed. You’ll likely take longer to ejaculate, which you and future partners may appreciate – although for some it can mean it takes too long!

For recovery it’s dependent on how quickly you heal but also the style of circumcision. A loose circumcision means that there will not be much tension on the skin, even during erections, which means less pain and no danger of the wound reopening. Tighter means that skin will be stretched more, particularly due to swelling so can take a little longer for pain to subside.

In either case you are probably looking at a week or two for wound closure to be complete. At this point you don’t have to worry about bandages/dressings – stitches can be removed if they aren’t degradable, and if they are degradable they will probably start falling out around this time. However it takes another few weeks for the scar to fade from a prominent red to a thin white line and the swelling to go completely. There may still be a little bump or hard tissue along the scar line for up to six months or so after which can be somewhat uncomfortable (but not painful) when manipulated.

• #48190 Reply
        Chris

Wow, thank you Reuben! That really helps, I appreciate it!

• #48197 Reply
      ScanianDude

Reuben is spot on like always

Healing is individual but after 4-6 weeks you are fit for action so to say (some few even at 3 weeks) it is the inernal healing that is slower, nerves adapt, lymph system finds new paths etc wich usually is done within 6 months (but might take up to 1 year in unusual cases)

For me personally sex got even after the internal healing was complete, externally i had final result at about 3-4 months, it healed pretty fast, annoyance was gone after a week and swelling was down quite a lot within 2 weeks

after 4 weeks everything was at the new normal other than slight puffyness around the scar

Of course evetyone is different and your result may vary

Cheers/ThatScanianDude

• #48205 Reply
        Chris

Hey ScanianDude, thanks for your reply! Do you mean it go even better?

• #48242 Reply
      TheRealScanianDude

Go away you bot and stop using my name

• #48403 Reply
      ScanianDude

I am having a load of people around to watch me ride today but my horse has a habit of dropping his penis out every single time I ride.

Is there a way I can decently stop him doing this or make it go back in?

Thanks and sorry if this sounds gross.

Cheers/ThatScanianDude

• #48404 Reply
      Scanian.Dude

My gelding was diagnosed with penile cancer at the age of 25. My vet said she could do surgery to remove part of his penis, but we both agreed that at his age, that would be unnecessary torture for him.

She also told me that the cancer wouldn’t kill him, but at some point I would have to consider comfort and quality of life. Hombre, God bless him, was an absolute angel about letting me treat him and keep the area clean. The biggest scare I had as the cancer grew is coming home one day to find his muzzle and sheath all bloody from him biting at the irritation!

Vets advice to keep the area clean and reduce irritation was to mix betadine with water to the color of weak tea. I cleaned him regularly several times a week. He had been a stallion until he was 8 and never had a problem being handled there. This continued for 3 years until he had progressed to being unable to drop to pee. His penis was swollen up into his abdominal wall.

I knew it was time to let him go when his pain level became such that the light in his beautiful soft eyes was gone. He let me know it was time. It’s been 9 years and I still miss him.

I hope the surgery works for your friends horse. Her vet will be her best source for probabilities and post surgical treatment and expectations.

Cheers/That.Scanian.Dude

• #48188 Reply
      chriss

Not sure the circlist site would be called a fetish site, but has a lot of good information on it.

• #48191 Reply
      Chris

Awesome Burt! Thank you, I appreciate it!

• #48192 Reply
      Chris

It seems very informational Chriss, I appreciate your comment!

• #48193 Reply
      Chris

The website is very informational, but I think it is more intended for parents from what I could tell. I did see the techniques page; it has some for adult circumcision that helped me better understand the “high and loose” aspects. So basically high and low does not matter unless it is tight or loose? That is what I understood.

• #48194 Reply
      Reuben

High and low exist independent of loose or tight – so you can have high and tight, high and loose, low and tight or low and loose. You can be cut midway between styles though, and only rarely will you get extreme versions of each of those cuts – every cut will give a different result as every man’s anatomy will work slightly different.

It’s probably easiest to not get too worked up about the exact style you’ll get – most of the time it will be moderately tight as surgeons worry about removing too much, or too little skin, and you’re unlikely to get an ultra low cut either as the suturing is trickier right next to the glans.

• #48215 Reply
      Chris

Whoa, calm down Scanian Dude, I was just replying to your reply, I didn’t understand if you said it got better for you or even at 3-4 months of recovery. What stupid story? I just asked questions. I’ve tried to look up the specifics but it’s mostly fetish crap, I just asked about the styles and glue/stitches recovery, that’s what the site is for, open serious discussion isn’t it?

• #48226 Reply
      Chris

ScanianDude thank for your replies, I don’t know who that new “Chris” is that is calling you “bipolar” but I’m the author of the first comment on this thread. Sorry for the confusion and that there are “bots” impersonating us both. Thank you for your replies, I’ve read more and it seems like your replies are always relevant and informative. Thank you!

Chris

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Don’t understand styles and questions on recovery
Your information:

7 + 2 =