Home Forums After the Cut Diary

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Matt

Am on day 4 evening. Nhs reckoned it would be up to 10 days recovery and then fully healed but I don’t believe that. Had a condition for a long time and circumcision was recommended. Currently in a lot of discomfort despite painkillers

Had operation late afternoon 16th August sent home a couple of hours after coming round.

Day 1 following day was in a lot of pain at around lunchtime . Tip very red raw. Bad night sleep

Day 2 took bandage off after phoning up hospital. Did this in a lukewarm bath

Day 3 A lot of bruising at tip read something about tight underwear contrary to nhs advice. My recommendation is don’t wear underwear in the first week. Overnight it pulled a scab bit off I think plus I found sleeping more difficult

Day 4 stood up and blood starts pouring out. From bit underneath couldn’t see and was in a lot of pain. Phoned hospital managed to stem flow. Recommended to have a shower, was all wobbly and panicking afterwards so went back to bed.

Right now pain is slightly less but very aware of stitches causing discomfort. Probably going to have a daily shower from now on.

• #44900 Reply
      Matt

Also the reason I can’t sleep is I keep getting erections, tried sleeping on side and that doesn’t appear to make any difference.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day

• #44901 Reply
      Brenda

Matt,

Thanks for sharing. Did your doctor say that was normal/to be expected? Do you regret it? My hubby is planning to have it done next month, so i am just curious since I am doing the research for him.

Thanks,
      Brenda

• #44903 Reply
      Matt

I think everyone who gets circumcision done has different symptoms afterwards. To be quite honest with you if I had not had medical conditions (phimosis and recuring balantis) I would not have had this done. At this point in time I wish I hadn’t had it done. Quite depressed. Suspect this is going to be a long haul to recovery probably 20 days at least

Day 5 morning bad night’s sleep. Woke about 5 or 6 times with a hard on. Might try reducing pain meds a bit because I’m getting constipation and feel that I must start getting used to the pain it’s not like its going to go away.

Tip still heavily bruised. Big scab cut underneath. Other stitches all intact still.

• #44904 Reply
      Matt

Day 5 My girlfriend is like no your not stopping your pain meds! (Your grumpy enough as it is)To be honest she has more experience of medicine than me with pharmacy work, she reckons constipation is due to lack of exercise and not enough fluid. So I’ve drunk about a pint already this morning, had a lukewarm shower and then applied vaseline as recommended by hospital nurses to the glans Still taking it easy and not moving very much. Main pain is underneath where foreskin was attached to glans big scab there.

• #44905 Reply
      J90

Hi Matt, by all accounts medical circumcision has harder recovery- the head won’t have been exposed to clothing and the area of the cut could have been damaged a bit by balanitis. The good news is its a 100% cure for those things.

Try sleeping with your knees drawn up, as that puts less strain on any stitches if you get an erection at night. Try to keep your penis pointed upwards if possible- tight-ish underwear and surgical tape will help, and that reduces the swelling.

Lastly, it’s pretty normal to be circumcised, and in ten years I haven’t ever been in a situation where I thought “I really need a foreskin right now”.

• #44906 Reply
      Corbin

Matt,

Best of luck in your healing. I had my circumcision done just over 2 months ago. My penis was wrapped in a compression bandage to be left on for 10 days after the operation. On the 10th day, removing the bandage was the most painful part as it had become stuck to the wound, but after it was finally off, the pain was over with in a few hours. The wound was completely healed and closed when the bandage came off on that 10th day, so I’d expect what you were told was right.

Up until the bandage removal, days 3-7 were the most painful, especially waking up every couple hours with an errction.

I also found no underwear during the first 10 days to be the most comfortable with loose shorts

Once you’re healed and things are back to normal, you won’t regret it. For me, I started feeling normal around the 3rd week.

• #44907 Reply
      J90

I suppose it depends on the dressing- for a guy who had phimosis the glans is going to be pretty sensitive, and not in a good way at first. I had no problem with glans sensitivity but as my cut was high and tight I was paranoid about swelling so I kept it as vertical as possible, and boxer briefs helped a lot with that. I waited a while, maybe a couple of weeks before leaving them off, air flow is also important to healing and tight underwear probably doesn’t help there.

• #44919 Reply
      Matt

Day 6

Well I slept slightly better last night and only woke once in pain. Still taking it very easy and still in discomfort.

Not much change really. Tingling feeling mostly was a bit sore last night before sleep which didn’t help

Still on pain meds

• #44923 Reply
      Cassie

Matt,

So great that you’ve got it done! All I can say is you are in the best club now. ~hug~

• #44924 Reply
      GS

Congratulations mate. I’m on day 12 post op. Every day is a day better. I’m very happy so far. Happy healing mate

• #44928 Reply
      Matt

Day 7

A bit of possible dissolving stitch / scab came off last night after showering. But nothing like day 4 and it didn’t hurt so wasn’t worried. Am experiencing a tingling sensation from glans constantly, also a bit itchy but won’t be touching anything.

Today much of the same still discomfort, glans Still bruised but now going to dark red from dark purple

Am using a handkerchief in my lap like a napkin so I can simulate wearing boxers as glans is very sensitive. Am using vaseline as well but can’t go all the round as stitches are sore on where frenulum used to be.

• #44934 Reply
      Matt

Day 8

Tried wearing loose boxer shorts today. No go still too sensitive I think I might have to wait until frenulum stitches are gone and then try tight underwear again at least that holds me in place.

A bit more movement today although still taking it easy generally.

Bruises on tip now red and a lot smaller

Tingling constant at present on glans and twinging occasionally on stick area.

Some stitches look smaller or are becoming red colour so I guess they are dissolving as area heals.

Wish I had cut off a bit more hair. Nhs said not to but I removed some anyway but I wish I had taken more off had one hair stuck in stitch area was very difficult to tease it out but I think I got it all out. Constantly checking myself and cleaning (painful) glans of hair. Not finding vaseline much use as I just stick to everything and then it just hurts more.

Showering daily in the evenings

• #44969 Reply
      Matt

Day 10

Still finding walking about difficult due to discomfort although I am walking about much more. I am wearing a sarong and I must admit that is helping as material is soft but hope it won’t be too long till I can wear underwear again

Some stitches and a scab fell off yesterday morning which has helped with my mobility.

Slept the whole night through last night

Did a bit of work today but couldn’t do much.

• #44979 Reply
      Matt

Day 12

I’m wearing underwear again but trying out the tight sort for better support. Less discomfort now but stitches and a lot of scab still there. Am walking about almost normally as of yesterday and doing small chores.

Sensitivity is much less than last week and bruising is practically gone on the glans.

Still taking it easish no heavy jobs for a few more days yet. Am back at work (from home).

• #44984 Reply
      AP AP

Hi Matt,

I had mine done just over 2 months ago because of phimosis and it will get better. The first 15 days are tough. You are healing to plan. I outlined my healing process on another thread here. Here are a few tips to help, use plenty of Vaseline, it helps the glans heal. To reduce sensitivity at night, apply Vaseline and put some gauze around the glans and wear athletic underwear to minimize movement. Keep your penis pointed towards to belly.

You will heal soon and will be back in no time and all of this will be a distant memory.

• #45057 Reply
      Matt

Week 4 day 24

Still have remains ends of 9 stitches in. full mobility returned I’m walking up to around 8 miles per day. I have been in the sea although I did not do anything more than sit in it. Stitches and scabs slowly falling off while I exercise. Still a bit sensitive but I’m wearing some tight underwear and it’s not noticeable while wearing them only when I take them off. Old boxers will be consigned to the rag bin.

Still hurts when erect but no longer waking up because of it. Probably about 3 or 4 days behind general healing time. From the stitches that have gone I can see what I am going to look like. Girlfriend is well pleased I have had it done.

Had my first normal temperature warm / hot shower this evening being slowly cranking up the temperature all week.

• #46612 Reply
      Matt

7 months on and i don’t regret it. Those of you who are not sure or concerned. The first month is the worse but once thats over and the stitches are out you will live a much better healthy life.

• #46618 Reply
        Kenneth

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Your recovery sounds like it was slower and more difficult than some others that I have heard of. 4-6 weeks recovery sounds far more realistic than the 10 days you were told about; the difficult first month is worth it for a lifetime of benefits. (Mine was done as a baby, so no recollection.)

• #46614 Reply
      Tor

Matt,
      Thanks for the 7 month update. I was circumcised a week ago today. So far so good. The only immediate sensitivity I had was at the meatus. He had taken off a skin tag (from previous frenulectomy) and stitched very close. Then he did the full circumcision about 1cm behind the glans. I’ve had only a few erections, but they didn’t hurt, just a bit uncomfortable.
      The first night I took an oxycodone in anticipation of erection pain. The erection never happened and I was constipated the next morning. Now I just take a few Ibuprofen each day, more for the swelling than pain management.
      Otherwise I don’t have glans oversensitivity because I’ve kept my foreskin retracted for over 20 years. It sort of feels normal not having it covered.
      In a weird way, the constant sensation of stitches and swelling feels a lot like the former foreskin bunched up behind the glans when retracted. Phantom limb? LOL
      Very glad to hear you are doing well after that somewhat rough start!

• #46619 Reply
        Kenneth

All the best for your continuing recovery. It’s so much better to be circumcised – appearance, hygiene and for sex.

• #46620 Reply
      Tor

Thanks Kenneth! Even though the stitches are still there, coming out of the shower and seeing the bare glans in the mirror without foreskin bunched up behind it is major aesthetic improvement. My GF hasn’t seen it since before the circumcision, as she’s a bit squeamish around wounds/stitches. Can’t wait to show her the healed version…patience…

• #46622 Reply
        Kenneth

Your girlfriend will be very impressed and will wish that you had had it done earlier!

Viewing 19 reply threads
Reply To: Diary
Your information:

− 1 = 1