Home Forums After the Cut Can a circumcision be too tight?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Matt

Hi, I got circumcised yesterday with a stapler. So far everything is going great, minimal blood loss, the pain is bearable. The only thing I’m worried about is that it’s too tight, before the swelling you could already see that the stapples are really tighter than the inner and outer foreskin, resulting in kind of a ditch. Now it has a normal swelling that makes it look even worse. But like I said before, it doesn’t hurt extremely or something. Will everything even out once the staples fall off or will my scar line always be a ditch between the inner and outer foreskin?

Reuben

Tightness lengthways looses up after swelling goes down a few weeks after op.

For the scar line itself you would probably want this to be a little tighter as it seems you have. If it healed as a loose cuff then that would probably be preserved following healing which wouldn’t look great. The thing to watch out for is your glans over the coming days – if it starts getting darker in colour, feels numb or noticeably cool to touch that could be a sign of restricted blood supply which you’d want to get checked out by a doctor.

The scar line will take several months to fully heal – you’ll get an initial covering of skin within a week or two but you’ll be left with a tough scar after that which might seem to be slightly lower in level than the surrounding skin. Over the following months the body will bring together the former inner foreskin and shaft skin together more and after 6 months to a year they will seem to be continuous other than the colour change. Once the scar tissue has disappeared any temporary tightening around there should loosen up (hopefully not too much though!)

Matt

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was hoping for. Otherwise I’m very happy so far, the pain is almost completely gone, swelling isn’t getting worse. Now I just have to wait…

J90

It should do, but scar constriction is an issue for some guys. With foreskin, some of that skin length becomes circumference on erection, because skin stretches in two directions- imagine a rubber sheet, if you pull it along one direction, it contracts in the other. Uncut, stretching ‘outwards’ pulls some of the foreskin back. If you’re too tight (usually we use ‘tightness’ to mean skin tension along the shaft, rather than around it), then yeah, it can cause constriction, which can be an issue. Too much tension along the scar line during healing can give a ‘wrinkled’ appearance, as scar tissue isn’t as elastic. If you’re concerned, check with the doctor. It is probably swelling, though- it’s a progressive response so when you first saw it there was probably some going on. It would be hard to actually constrict the penis without a continuous ring of material e.g. a shang ring that was too small.

Matt

That’s a good point, in my case the continuous ring of material is a silicon ring which holds the staples together, I don’t think it’s very flexible to allow room for movement. So there still is a chance for constriction. But it’s not like the staples are crushed between 2 swellings, they are perfectly visible. At the side of the frenulum everything looks very smooth, so I suspect a constriction would take place at the whole scar line.

Devin

@Matt

What is the result today? Is your cut still too tight? How does it feel today? Are you satisfied now?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.