Home Forums After the Cut Ask Me Anything

• This topic has 33 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago by Robert Martin.
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Choice Maker
      Keymaster

In this thread I will answer questions of any nature regarding my circumcision, reasons for it, benefits, and drawbacks. Please feel free to post an anonymous question here. Don’t be embarrassed; if you’re considering this yourself you owe it to yourself to get candid responses.

• #842 Reply
      Terry

I’m 65 what are the pros and cons. I’m tired of the drips remaining

• #843 Reply
        Choice Maker
        Keymaster

Terry,
        The only real “con” is sensitivity during the act of sexual intercourse. And even that is hardly a con; for me, anyway, lasting longer means that my orgasm is more powerful (and more pleasurable).

As for pros, the hygienic improvement is undeniable. I didn’t believe it before I had mine done, but… wow. Not having drips of urine and semen collect and grow into microbial civilizations makes a huge difference. The difference is especially good for my wife, who actually -enjoys- oral sex with me now, because I no longer taste and smell that way.

For further pros, please feel free to browse the site, or contact me by email or in the chat room.

• #845 Reply
      Wes

What’s the best cut style to get? Low and tight? High and loose? etc

• #846 Reply
        Choice Maker
        Keymaster

Wes,
        I recommend a tight cut. Tight doesn’t mean that an erection is going to be painful; it just means that you won’t have any loose foreskin covering the glans. You get more of the hygienic benefit this way; it’s still possible to have a “drip collector” on your penis if you get a loose cut.

As for low or high, that’s really an issue of sensitivity. I got a low and tight cut, partly because my foreskin was hypersensitive and caused premature ejaculation. The low cut removes all of the foreskin and none of the shaft skin, and with it all the nerve endings in the foreskin that were causing me to orgasm too quickly. The high cut removes the outer foreskin and some shaft skin, attaching the remaining inner foreskin to the shaft skin. It leaves more nerve endings in place, so if you don’t have issues with over-sensitivity it may be a better choice for you.

• #45817 Reply
          Jeffrey Chang

Hi.

I have the same issue as you.

My 1st Circumcision is Low and a bit loose. About an inch behind the glans.

10 years later, I went for very Low and tight Circumcision. The cut line is at about 5mm to the glans. The cut is very tight too as the doctor has cut more skin which I have requested. The movement of the shaft skin is minimal. After all, I love my new penis.

• #1115 Reply
      Brad

I am trying to decided on two problems I have . The first one is that I get infection problems a lot . I have a summer job to where you can go with out a shower for 15 days.I try to clean the foreskin every night but you can’t get all the way clean. I ask a specialized doctor about it, he told me not to do it. I have been in the hospital three times for infection.
      Second question , how does it fell beginning circumcision when having oral sex. Does it hurt at all.having foreskin is pain full for me having oral sex

• #1118 Reply
        Choice Maker
        Keymaster

Brad,

Frequent infections are a pretty good reason to consider circumcision. Some doctors are against it on principle, not sure why.

Second, there’s certainly no pain during oral, unless my wife lets her teeth come into play by accident or something.

• #1128 Reply
      David

Brad,

I read your post. I’ve had some rounds with balanitis(inflammation of the head of penis) and an infection of the foreskin which had to be treated with antibiotic and steroid/anti-fungal cream. I had some problems with eczema about 4yrs ago and was on prednisone. I wonder if being on various medicines could have set me up for this problem. When I presented with the infected foreskin, I was prepared for the Dr. to suggest Circumcision, but he didn’t. Now, I sure wish he had. If I were you, I’d find another Dr. who will listen to your concerns.

• #1129 Reply
      David

Reading Brad’s post again and my response, something else is clear: if a guy is not circumcised as a baby, circumcision should be offered to ALL uncut teens and adult males as part of their healthcare. It should definitely be covered by both private health insurance and public health insurance programs. It is not cosmetic surgery; it’s about health! What do you all think?

• #1136 Reply
      Lloyd

Do you feel the glans rubbing in your underwear day to day? Like if you went for a walk is it obvious that you can feel your glans rubbing? Also the same question but during sports for instance.

Where did you get your circumcision? How much did it cost?

How long was it until you were fully healed ie you had no pain and the scar looked similar to that of a man cut at birth (if this has happened)

• #1393 Reply
        Austin

Hi Lloyd, yes I can feel my glans against my jeans day to day, but I enjoy that feeling and don’t wear underwear. For sports I wear a pair of boxer briefs designed for sports for support.

I was circumcised at Vancouver General Hospital in Vancouver, BC, Canada and the surgery was covered by my provincial medical services plan as the surgeon did the circumcision for ‘medical reasons’. So I didn’t have to pay anything for the procedure. Otherwise the circumcision would NOT be paid for by government medical plans and I would have to pay CDN$1,600 for it.

As for how long it took to heal to a point where the scar looks like a man who had a circumcision at birth – I’ve no idea? I have a circumcision that 20 years later, still looks like a recent cut because you can still see the stich marks all around the circumcision.

I think only those cut at birth have that completely clean, stream-lined look – but I could be wrong?

• #1139 Reply
      Joe Frazer

I was clipped in my early twenties. The military had me in daily for several days and then I was able to take care of myself. Took about three weeks to heal up and when I went home several weeks later, I was ready to have sex without any pain. I do not feel the glans rubbing in my underwear but I wear boxers not jockey. I’m not one to notice other guys but the few I hae observed seem to look basically the same except for the size.

• #1192 Reply
      Mary Jo Tommasi

I am 100% in favor of my 20 year old son getting circumcised. My concern is that post operative recovery time. His surgery is 6/5/2014 and he reports to CALFIRE on 6/9/2014 for Fire Academy. He will only be in the Academy about a week , as a rehire because he has just completed 6 months of Fire 1 training. After that first week, he could easily be sent to any one of the fires we are facing here in CA.

My concern is that he will not enough recovery time. He is adamant about having the surgery at this time. I’m concerned the physical demands of the Academy and firefighting assignment so soon after the surgery may cause complications.

Thank You

• #1193 Reply
        Choice Maker
        Keymaster

Mary,
        You are right, your son is cutting his recovery time pretty short. By the end of CALFIRE he should be fine, but will probably want to keep a bottle of pain killers with him for the first week after surgery. As long as the exercise isn’t too strenuous during those first couple days at CALFIRE, I wouldn’t worry.
        –Choice Maker

• #1195 Reply
          Mary Jo Tommasi

Thank you! That helps relieve my concerns!

• #1386 Reply
      Alan

I’m 29 and planning on getting circumcised. I would have been circumcised when I was born but I had some complications so it wasn’t done. I’ve had some issues with the skin on my glans/urethra getting irritated and sore but my main issue is that I find I’ve got far too much sensitivity. If I don’t use a condom I don’t last very long as my foreskin stimulates the glans too much. Have you found since being circumcised that you can last longer? Thanks

• #1387 Reply
        Choice Maker
        Keymaster

Alan,

Yes, I can last longer. My circumcision was a “low and tight” one, which means that all of the inner and outer foreskin (but basically none of the shaft skin) was removed. Before I was circumcised I had embarrassing issues with premature ejaculation from overly sensitive foreskin. These days I can last long enough that my wife and I both enjoy it.

The other recommended style of circumcision, “high and tight”, leaves the inner foreskin at the expense of an equivalent amount of shaft skin. High and tight causes very little reduction in sensitivity, so if you’re looking for something to get you past being a “minute man” then I recommend low and tight.

• #1404 Reply
          Alan

Thanks for the reply. I’ll ask about low and tight when I go to the consultation. I’m looking forward to getting it done!

• #1391 Reply
      Austin

I decided to get circumcised in my 20′s at age 26. I kept getting infections under the foreskin (b and spoke to my family doctor who would prescribe antibiotics that never worked. They cleared the infection up, but then it would return again.

After several doses of medications, I asked the doctor to refer me to a urologist to talk about circumcision. The urologist did an exam and noted that my foreskin at the time had a slight rash (yeast infection), but noted that although my foreskin was long, it retracted without any issue. He said many men are against circumcision these days, but that if I wanted it, he’d be willing to circumcise me due to the constant infections. He noted that my frenulum was attached in two areas – just below the back of the glans, but also it was attached to the urethral opening and would be best removed completely as it was short and partly obscuring the opening to the urethral passage.

I agreed with him that I wanted to be circumcised and he did the operation in day surgery. I woke up and was driven home by friends. The next day I removed the bandages to take a look and he had performed a low and tight circumcision, placing the scar almost directly below the glans. He had removed not only my frenulum, but he also had taken a knife and made my urethral opening larger. I wished I knew the different types of cut styles before my circumcision because if I’d known, I would have asked for a high and tight cut so more inner foreskin is exposed. I also would have asked that he not widen the urethral opening as now I leak semen rather than shoot.

On the plus side, the low and tight affords me very long masturbation sessions where I can ‘edge’, bring myself close to ejaculation without actually coming over and over again for hours.

• #1392 Reply
      Austin

How do people feel about the removal of the frenulum during circumcision? Yes, no, undecided? I wish I was able to keep mine, but the surgeon suggested it be removed as it was too short and would pull when I had an erection.

• #1394 Reply
      Arturo Fernandez

I am going to be 61years old.it is ok to do a circunsicio. And the pain is worths than being twuenties

• #1395 Reply
        Austin

Arturo, everybody will feel pain differently. I can tell you that my circumcision was not painful at all. I was give some prescription medicine but did not use it, only used some acetaminophen tablets and was back to work after the weekend.

• #1590 Reply
      Dylan

Hey I am 27 and recently made the decision to go ahead with a circumcision for myself. I’ve been wondering about it for a long time and wanting to have it done, but I was too scared to talk to anyone about for many quite a few years.
      However a month ago I plucked up the courage once I made the decision to do it, and my doctor gave me a referral to a urologist here in town just a few days ago. I was really surprised that my doctor barely questioned me about it at all, he just looked at me and said “ok”! The only thing he asked me was whether it was for personal preference or because of a medical problem, and explained that it could be covered if I had problems retracting my foreskin, which I don’t have. My only minor problem is that the ridged band on my fren gets really sore and inflamed sometimes because it’s a bit on the tight side. But when that happens I lose the pleasure so I think it would be better to have that removed. The ridged band itself doesn’t give me any really stimulation, it’s the smooth patch right behind that’s the good spot. So I have to pay for it as a private adult circ which isn’t too bad really. My doc estimated it would be around $800 CDN total with the urologist he referred me to, which was far less than I had thought it would be.

So now I have to wait for my referral to be forwarded to the urologist’s office, but I called them anyway and they say I have to wait until March 2017 before I can see the doctor for a consultation, that’s 8 months from now! Not only that but I can’t choose when my appointment is, they just tell me. I guess if it takes 8 months just to see the doc for a consultation it’ll be another few months after that before they can actually do the surgery! The only possibility of better time is if I get on a cancellation list but even with that I might be waiting a long damn time while the doc deals with his prostate cancer clients.

However I heard about the Pollock clinic in Vancouver so I will contact them. Sadly, since it’s private the cost is more like over $2000 which I think is pretty ridiculous! So I have a predicament, go for it but pay extra, or wait a really long time…. I’m leaning toward just paying and doing it honestly.

• #1592 Reply
        Choice Maker
        Keymaster

Dylan,
        Sore and inflamed due to tightness counts as a medical reason! Your penis is supposed to be able to operate sexually without any pain, inflammation, infection, etc., and so it should be covered as a medical procedure.
        As for the wait, I don’t really know anything about Canada’s health care system, but I wish you luck.

• #1593 Reply
      Dylan

Thanks for the reply so fast. During my appointment with my doc I forgot to tell him about my fren problem because I was so nervous and relieved! I will call and make another appointment to see him, maybe if it’s deemed medically necessary they will move it up sooner, I hope anyways.

• #1594 Reply
      Dylan

But I’m not super hopeful because my Dad had a hydroceal problem with fluid filling his scrotum and it took the system nearly two freaking years to get to him! Our doc had to call multiple times to get him moved up at all…

• #1615 Reply
      Gerard

I wanted to know what vitamins or creams did you take to heal quicker?

• #1616 Reply
      Gerard

I had my surgery on September15th. Everything is going go so far. I just cant wait to take it for a ride with the wife.

• #1622 Reply
        Choice Maker
        Keymaster

Gerard,

That’s great news! I’m sure you’ll like it just as much as I do. However, be sure to wait for it to heal all the way before you take it for that ride; full healing for an adult circumcision usually takes three weeks and you don’t want to risk tearing anything.

That said, I had VERY gentle sex with my wife after only 2 weeks, and it was fantastic.

• #46814 Reply
      Zsolt

I am wondering if a baby boy is circumcised will the visiting family members and friends know the circumcision status of the father too when they will see him during nappy changes or bathing time? I mean it is not a top secret information just ladies talk about many things and maybe I don’t want to advertise it to such people for whom this information doesn’t belong. I mean we don’t chit-chat about circumcison with co-workers or friends day by day.

• #46852 Reply
        Choice Maker
        Keymaster

Replies must be on-topic.

Or at least not quite so flagrantly off topic. This is not the place.

• #47065 Reply
      Graham M

What age were you circumcised? Did you change your masturbation technique?

• #47070 Reply
      Robert Martin

Gerald , late post, glad you are enjoying being circumcised. Join club. I was at age 20. Best thing for many medical reasons. My wife liked it & had only seen circumcised penis. Mine was first uncircumcised. She was kind of taken back-all sisters sons, brother was circumcised. She never pushed, gave me support when I required circumcision. That is love. She not only verbalized her pleasure we both felt it. Best thing for us. She likes were scar is, now thin brown faint line. It is aesthetically pleasing. First time, I went slow as well. 5 weeks was too much.I think she had 2- maybe 3 orgasms ( while back now) . I jizzed all over her shaved labia. Very erotic. Zolst this in not place for inappropriate material. We are here to share/ help/ provide support to those seeking circumcision, by relating our experiences. Certainly Women welcome. Thanking developer for his site

Viewing 20 reply threads
Reply To: Ask Me Anything
Your information:

20 − = 16