Home Forums General Adult Circumcision

Viewing 95 reply threads
  • Author
      Howell

I was circumcised at the ripe old of 52, so i can really appreciate life with and without a forekin.
      regards
      Howell

• #1117 Reply
      Choice Maker
      Keymaster

Howell,
      I hope it’s treated you well. I like my result.

• #1122 Reply
      Joe

I’m at the point were I need to make the decision, it’s becoming a real pita to deal with very tight forskin.. Is causing to much pain during sex and tearing not to mention soreness of head of my penis my foreskin seems to mend to my head after a fees days of not having sex or master bating it’s freaking me the fuck out..

• #1127 Reply
      David

It sounds like you are at the point where you may be ready to get circumcised. I’m considering it for body image reasons and overall health. I also want to reduce over sensitivity of my glans. Virtually every guy who has been cut as a teen or adult is glad he got it done and has no regrets. I’ve been getting told the same thing.

• #1137 Reply
      Joe Frazer

Guys, I think that you will be pleased with the result. I was clipped as they call it by the military and my wife told me later that she wished I had had it done sooner. I was teased and taunted all through middle school until another guy told me how to look like the rest. The sex was so much better after the operation and it was easier (at least for us) to have kids after that as well as I usually came deep within my wife instead of near the opening real quick which I was unclipped.

• #1143 Reply
      David

Joe, when you were in the military, were you “clipped” by choice or medical issues? I can understand your experience in middle school because I grew up uncut.I’ve had body image issues. The anti-circ crowd should hear about your experience. For those who are religious maybe there is a reason why circumcision is in the Bible; perhaps the foreskin does create problems when it comes to adequate penetration to getting a woman pregnant. Your experience shows that some of the ideas of the anti-circ groups are BS. I would definitely like to hear more of your experiences as I’m thinking about getting circumcised. Thanks for sharing your story.

• #1144 Reply
      Joe Frazer

David

To answer your question, neither. I was not given a choice. We were examined by the doctor and every guy in my outfit was ordered clipped. I had married at eighteen and we never even had a scare when I was unclipped. My dong (that’s what my wife continues to call it) usually let go as soon as I tried to penetrate. After being clipped, I usually came deep inside of my wife and we had our kids spaced apart and I usually used a condom and form to prevent conception.

As for High School, a older friend of mine taught me how to pull back and keep back the foreskin as well as jack off. He was able to convince his parent to clip him when he was sixteen. to be fair, I never brought up the subject with my parents but wondered what it would be like to be clipped. I was a little put out with the military when I was clipped but had no choice. It took about three-weeks to a month to completely heal up. It was a high and tight cult with the frenulum removed and when erect, the skin was tight. Before clipping it had hung straight out when hard but now it is at about a forty-five degree angle about 180 when hard. It did make a difference jacking off but a little oil and it operated quite fine. Once home, my wife and I were at it as often as possible and I had a much larger sexual appetite than before. Still do. My wife says there is no comparison and than my dong being clipped was the best thing the military ever did for us.

• #1146 Reply
      David

Joe,

Thanks for your great post and answering my questions. What branch of the service were you in? Is circumcision routine in today’s military like it was when you served? Your life experience has answered a question that I’ve had about if circumcision can improve the odds of conceiving a child. It sounds like it improved your overall sex life and helped you and your wife to have kids. I’m considering a low and moderately tight cut. Once again, your experience has shown that much of the anti-circ propaganda is total BS. Hope to hear from you again soon.

• #1147 Reply
      Joe Frazer

David
      As far as I know the military does not do routine circumcision anymore although I do know from reunion meetings that many of the younger men are getting them as elective surgery. I do know that the surgery was introduced into the armed services in WWII and became the norm throughout the 1950s through the 1970s when the practice was discontinued with the Navy being the last to drop the practice. I was in the U.S. Navy at the time and it was routine for those in submarine service to be clipped so that no surgery needed to be done on cruise. At the time, any man in a submarine training unit was clipped as part of boot camp even if he didn’t make the cut to Submarine School. I was not given a choice and nobody told me how to jack off once the operation was done. I had to figure that out on my own but it really wasn’t difficult to do. As to fertility, all I know is that in three years of marriage, we didn’t even have one pregnancy scare while my wife became pregnant with our first child approximately three months after the clipping and six weeks after I returned from boot camp. The other children seemed to come with no problem. As soon as we had made the decision, usually within a month (or two) she was pregnant. I can give a reference. before clipping, I usually came once or maybe twice a day afterwards it was usually three sometimes four times a day and while the years have cut back on the frequency, it is still way higher than many men that I know. I hope that helps you make your decision and hope to hear from you soon.

• #1148 Reply
      Brian

Hi Joe, very interesting, thanks for sharing!

• #1151 Reply
      David

Joe,

Thanks again for sharing your experience. A friend of mine’s son enlisted in the Marines. My friend told me he and his sons are uncut. I found it interesting that you said that a number of guys entering the military choose to get circumcised.Your experience has shown the value of getting circumcised. The anti-circ crowd just doesn’t get it. I wish your story could be posted on the message boards of every anti-circ group. I’m looking forward to getting circumcised. If I ever have a son, I would like for him to be able to choose to get cut. However, if I’m living in a part of the US where most boys are circumcised, he will be circed shortly after birth..

• #1201 Reply
      Michael Taylor

GROWING UP WITH A FORESKIN
      I believe I was born a bit premature, and for that reason was left uncircumcised. We lived in a rural area, which again, I believe is the reason my parents never took me back to the nearest city to have me cut. I say this because my older brother was circumcised, and during the time I was born almost all baby boys had a RIC. I really wasn’t much aware of being “different” down there, until I started bathing with either my brother or father. I would look at their cocks, and wondered why they were different than mine. I was kind of shy, so I never broached the subject. I just assumed that I had a different looking penis, just like some people had different looking noses or any other body part. By the time I got to be school age, I became aware that I indeed was very different than all the other boys. Instead of having a “rounded” end on my penis, mine had a long piece of skin on the end. In those days the boy’s restrooms typically had nothing but a long trough to pee in, so everything “hung” out for wandering eyes to see. It soon became apparent that I was the only boy in my small country school to have such an unusual looking penis. The other boys would unmercifully tease me about my penis coming to a point instead of the rounded tip that all of them had. However, most of them seemed to enjoy getting a good look at it whenever I was taking a pee. It seemed like they would almost fight to stand next to me. I became very self conscience about my unique looking penis, so started to try to hide it whenever possible. I never saw another uncircumcised penis until I was in the fourth grade. By this time we had moved, so I was in a new school. One day there were several boys standing in the boy’s room taking a leak when I walked in. One of them said “let’s have a contest to see who can pee the farthest.” One by one they stepped toward the urinal and pulled out their dicks, and let ‘er fly. They all had circumcised dicks, so could get a nice stream going. I wasn’t sure at the time, but I though one of the boys from the fifth grade had a penis that looked like mine? However by the time I got a closer look, I could see that he also had a rounded tip. I believe that this was actually first uncircumcised penis I ever saw, but by the time I had gotten the closer look he had obliviously pulled back his foreskin, so I thought that he was circumcised. Remember at this point in my life I had no idea that there was anything called circumcision. I just thought I had a weird looking dick. I had never “pulled back” my foreskin because I didn’t know I could. It was during this time in my life that my father died, so I never had a mentor to explain how my strange penis worked. When I was around 8 years old, I stepped out of the bathtub and started to dry myself after bathing. I looked down at my dick, and for some reason pulled back on it. What happened next scared me to death. As I pulled very hard on it, something started to “pop” out of the end of it. I immediately let go, and whatever started to come out of my penis went back in. I thought I had almost “broke’ my dick. Of course what almost happened was my first “retraction” of my foreskin. Because I was so scared by this, I never attempted to pull on my dick again for fear of breaking it for good.
      I had very few sexual encounters between 8 and 10 years old, and still at age 10 had never retracted my foreskin. At age 10 I had a cousin stay over one night. He was about a year young than me. We decided to do a little bit of sexual experimenting, and ended up playing with each other’s dicks. He had a very tight circumcision, which made his cockhead very pronounced. However his head was very small so his cock seemed to be all shaft with a small head on it. First I masturbated him. He enjoyed it, but that was about it. Then he started masturbating me. He commented about my strange looking penis, but went about his business. He next said something about “maybe we could get some scissors and get rid of all the skin on the end of my dick”. We both had a good laugh about it. After he masturbated me for a few minutes, I started to get a very strange feeling, and finally erupted into a full blown “dry” orgasm. My very first one, and boy did I love it.
      After that we moved again, and I started out in a new school. A fellow befriended me, and we hung around together almost every day. He was my age, and nice looking (as I was), but he was a little bit on the “stocky” side, which made him sort of self conscience. We were a good fit because by this time I was very self conscience about my uncut dick. We met in January, but never did anything of a sexual nature. He never even saw my dick, as I made sure we were never in a position where he could. Summer came and one day we decided to go swimming at the city pool together. The changing room was very open, so there was no hiding anything. I did turn my back while changing into my swimming suit, so I don’t think he saw my dick at that time. However when we got out of the pool and went back into the changing room, we obliviously had to strip down, dry off, and put on our street clothes. There was no way I could keep him from seeing my weird cock, so I just sort of went with the flow. I could tell he was getting a good close up look at me, but he didn’t say anything. I could obliviously see him too, and he was circumcised. But he did have a fairly loose circumcision and because he was a little overweight, what little foreskin he had left sort of bunched up behind his cockhead. Afterwards on the walk home, he looked at me and said “you never had the skin cut off your dick, did you?” Of course I had to reply “no”. From that moment on he seemed to be in love with my penis. He would embarrass me to no end by asking me questions, and telling all our mutual friends about my uncut status. All of them were cut, so I was constantly the butt of all jokes. He kept inferring that we should “mess around”, but I kept avoiding any sexual encounters with him. We were both 11 at the time. He lived alone with his dad, who was a total drunken jerk. My friend confided in me one day that he and his dad always slept together, and that they occasionally would (as he said it) touch each other. He also confided that his dad, like me, was uncircumcised. He invited me to sleep over one day. We went to the movies and then returned to his house. His dad was always out late drinking, so he wasn’t there. My friend (Mike) had set up a couple of sleeping bags for us in the back bedroom. We stripped down to our underwear, and laid on the sleeping bags and talked about the movie we had just seen. After a few minutes, out of the blue he said that he wanted to mess around with me. I felt kind of trapped by the situation, so reluctantly agreed. He pulled off his underwear to reveal his cock, and then looked at me as to say, “Well, your turn.” I pulled down my underwear, and my weird little uncircumcised cock came into view. He obliviously knew more about uncut dicks than I did; probably because of his experiences with his dad. At any rate, he had me lay on my back and he went straight for my uncut dick. The very first thing he did was try to pull back my foreskin. The overhang pulled back, but my foreskin was far too tight to go over my cockhead. He just said in amazement “your skin won’t pull back”. I didn’t know what to say because I didn’t even know it was supposed to. A few days later we were playing with a Frisbee after school. He walked over to me, and said that his dad had told him that if my foreskin wouldn’t pull back, I’d have to be circumcised. I had no idea what circumcision was, thankfully the subject was dropped.
      Since it was summer, and school was out, my sister had a summer job looking after a boy while his mother worked. He was about 8 years old, so I didn’t pay him much mind since he was too young to play with. He mostly watched TV while my sister went about her business. One day my sister had to run an errand, so asked if I would watch him for an hour or two. I agreed and we played basketball for a while. He told me he had to go the bathroom and since I did also, we went together. He pulled out his dick and to my surprise he was uncircumcised. As a matter of fact, his penis looked almost exactly like mine, with a long overhang. We both stood there peeing through our foreskins. I could tell he was checking me out as much as I was looking at him. This was the first time I had ever come face to face with another boy with a foreskin. We left the bathroom and I invited him up to my bedroom, as I wanted to explore his cock a little further. He seemed to have the same think in mind. I pulled down his pants and then mine. Then I pulled down his underwear, and then mine. We were standing face to face with our uncut dicks hanging out. They looked exactly the same, except his was a bit smaller. He made the first move by reaching down to the base of his dick and pulling back his foreskin. As his foreskin retracted to expose his bare cockhead I was amazed. It was as if everything became clear to me. My strange looking cock also had a cockhead under my foreskin. I couldn’t wait to retract mine, but wanted to do it for the first time in private. My sister returned home, and I told her I was going to take a bath. When I got into the bathroom by myself, I got naked and stood there looking down at my cock. I then reached down and attempted to pull my skin back. Again it would only go back so far until it became impossible to go any further. I was determined now that I knew how it was supposed to work, that I was going to get the skin back. I pulled with all my might, and finally my foreskin gave way and my cockhead saw the light of day for the first time ever. Since I was 11 years old at this time, my cockhead was a mess. There were adhesions, smegma, and all sorts of strange odors. I also had minute tears in my foreskin by forcing it back so hard, but at least it was retracted. I then decided to pull the skin back to its’ normal position, and experiment a little later. Unfortunately, my foreskin was trapped behind the rim of my cockhead. It wasn’t going anywhere. I finally had to run the water in the tub, jump in and gradually work the foreskin back to its’ normal resting spot. Eventually I was able to clean my cockhead up and retract my foreskin, although it was still very tight. I found that if I retracted it behind my cockhead, it would stay there all by itself because it was so tight. I actually would pull it back before changing for PE class so that I might look like I was circumcised. It didn’t work very well though, because my foreskin was so long that when it was retracted it bunched up into what almost looked like a rubber band behind my cockhead. Also because my cockhead was completely covered for so many years prior to my first retraction, not only was it extremely tight, but it was also very sensitive. All of the uncut readers know what I’m referring to. For a while my cockhead was so sensitive it was almost impossible to even touch it. I tried to wear my foreskin back behind my cockhead on a regular basis. I just couldn’t do it because my cockhead was just too sensitive. I found that just the normal activities of the day resulted in the head rubbing against my clothing all the time. It was so uncomfortable because of the sensitivity of my cockhead that I would have to go into the nearest restroom and pull the foreskin back over the cockhead just to function Whenever I masturbated, I had to avoid directly touching the head because of its’ extreme sensitivity I kept at it and finally my cockhead lost enough of the sensitivity that I could wear it back for short periods of time. Because of my shyness about being uncircumcised, I would pull the foreskin back whenever I thought my cock was going to be on display. It still looked very strange as my long foreskin would bunch up behind my cockhead, but at least it sort of made me look circumcised.
      Later, I graduated from high school and joined the Navy. After I was in for about a year, I had a routine physical. There were ten or so sailors (including me) in a circle with the Medical Officer in the middle. The exam was what was called a flight physical. All of us were in a job code that would/could involve flying as a part of a flight crew, so the exam was to make sure that there was no physical reason for us not to be allowed to fly. Of all of the sailors circled for our examination, there were only two of us that were uncircumcised. The other fellow was a “lifer” nearing retirement, probably in his late thirties. Since we were all in a circle, the Medical Officer went around one by one for what was referred to jokingly as a “short arm” inspection. This portion of the flight physical had all of us standing in our shorts, and at the Medical Officer’s command dropping our drawers. It was at this point that all of us had everything hanging out for inspection. The officer went from one of us to the next, first having each sailor turn around and bend over for a rectal exam. Then he had each of us turn around to have our dicks looked at. The first sailor he looked at was the older “lifer”, who was the only other uncut sailor besides me. Much to the amusement of the Medical Officer (and all the rest of us), this fellow had a long foreskin and on the part covering his cockhead, he had a fly (house fly) tattooed on it. When the officer came to me he took a long look at my dick with its’ long foreskin. He retracted my foreskin, and because of my tightness, the foreskin just gathered in a very tight ring around the rim of my cockhead. He examined the foreskin’s “stranglehold” on the base of my cockhead, and asked me if it hurt when I got an erection? I just said no, as I was “beet red” from embarrassment. He just kind of left things at that.
      I later found out that I could loosen my foreskin by stretching it a little at a time. After a couple of years my foreskin actually became very loose, and was extremely easy to move back and forth over the head. Of course this was great for masturbating, but there were still some drawbacks to my now “loose” foreskin. One of the drawbacks was that I could no longer pull it back and have it stay behind my cockhead. I was back to having an uncircumcised penis with a long (and loose) foreskin that had a lot of overhang. The thing I disliked most about being uncircumcised all those years was that no matter what I did, there would always be an odor associated with my penis. Within fifteen minutes after showering it would be moist again under my foreskin, and shortly after that it would start to get a funky odor. Since I’m a very “clean” person, I couldn’t stand that. I know not everyone would agree, but I decided I’d had enough. I scheduled an appointment with an urologist and had my penis circumcised as an outpatient. I was relatively comfortable with my decision for 3 or 4 years. The only regret I actually had was that I wished he had removed even more foreskin, and made it a tighter circumcision. In the military we called it “high and tight”. I actually decided eventually to do something about that also. I did a lot of research and decided (of all things) to get recircumcised. Since I thought any doctor would think I was crazy, I decide to do a “self circumcision”. I bought what is called an alisklamp from a company in Malaysia. About 4 years ago I used it to “trim” up my original circumcision. As painful as it sounds, it was actually very easy. The only pain was the initial “clamping” of the device on the foreskin that I wanted to remove. I then wore it for about 5 or 6 days, and the unwanted foreskin just dies (from lack of blood supply) and falls off. I can honestly say I now for the first time in my life I feel very good about my cock. I know it’s not for everyone but a tight circumcised cock works out the best for me.

• #1218 Reply
      Graham

I was cut twice the first time I was 27 for balanitis the doc only took the the tip of my foreskin,last year at the age of 66 I got balanitis again and had to be recut this time low and tight,so I would recommend anyone who wants it done go for it you won,t regret it ,I am now very happy and wish it was done as a baby.

• #1219 Reply
      David

Graham,

I’ve had 3 rounds of balanitis. The first 2 were treated with natural home remedies. The 3rd time I had to seek medical attention and take antibiotics and use a steroidal/anti-fungal cream. It looks like if you get balanitis once, odds are good that it will recur. This third occurance happened last year. I wish the doctor had reccommended circumcision. This, along with body image issues, have made me want to get circumcised. For any guy who has had balanitis, my opinion is that a low and tight cut is the best circumcision to get as it removes all the inner foreskin.This is the style I’m considering.

• #1220 Reply
        Choice Maker
        Keymaster

David,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with balanitis. I never got it myself, but from anecdotal evidence it does seem like it’s a recurring problem for men who do. Mine is low and tight as well, and I like it a lot. (The fact that this site exists should speak for that, hehe.)

Anyway, go for it. I highly doubt you’ll regret it; i’ve only heard that of men who were pushed into it by a partner.

• #1222 Reply
      David

Choice Maker,

You said that your circumcision is a low and tight cut. I have read that with this style of circumcision, the frenulum is in most cases removed. When you were circumcised, did the doctor remove your frenulum? I would like to keep mine if possible, but I will accept having it removed if necessary, as I would like to be cut low and tight.
      Thanks for your reply,
      David

• #1225 Reply
        Choice Maker
        Keymaster

David,

My frenulum was partly removed, but not entirely; it was definitely cut so that it didn’t pull down the glans, and I think part of it was removed, but I was under general anesthesia at the time and didn’t actually ask. Take a look at the pre- and post-op pictures for more.

• #1223 Reply
      Jim

Concerning circumcision in the U.S. military. This is ancient history,
      but in the official history of the U.S. Army in WW-II, the volume on
      medical matters, there are quite a few complaints from medical officers
      about men having to be circumcised in the field, and it should have been
      done before they were shipped overseas.

Also there is an autobiography “Helmet for My Pillow” in which the author
      said he sought to enlist in the Marines the day after Pearl Harbor, but
      the Corps had insisted he be circumcised before they would take him.
      I suppose that early in the war the Marine Corps was still oeprating
      with a peacetime mindset, in which they could be choosy about whom
      they allowed to enlist. Robert Leckie is the author.

• #1286 Reply
      Jeffrey Stork

I want to thank the contributors to this forum and their unique insight about circumcision. Joe and David seem to be spot on. It was Michael’s detailed story and long time line that made me feel right about contributing. I hope others will feel right about their circumcision choices. The decision to circumcise is as much about how you feel about yourself as it is about the medical reasons. My younger brother was not circumcised until age 14. I think it because my Dad was still in the army when I was born is why I was circumcised as an infant 56 years ago in Iowa. My Dad was also never circumcised and sometimes when showering with him as a boy I noticed the knob at the end of his penis mostly push out from the foreskin. He said it was because the shower was warm, so I asked him why the knob on my penis never gets covered up even when I’m cold and why my brother’s knob never comes out. That is when I learned about circumcision.

I felt there must have been something terribly wrong with me when I was born for that to happen to me. The few friends I had for sleep overs were also uncircumcised and they seemed so fascinated by by penis. I was puzzled when they would ask if it hurt when I was hard. So I asked my younger brother, as I often saw him hard, with no change of foreskin covering and he said it would only hurt if he tried to pull the skin back like Dad told him he should. He told me not to tell Dad the knob won’t come out. I really hadn’t processed what all of this meant.

A couple of years later we moved to popular school district where I started middle school. I was in the PE public showers several times a day for PE, track, swimming, and wrestling. I started puberty early and was well developed, but mostly I was stunned to see that nearly every boy was circumcised like me. I was the normal one for once and ahead of the crowd. These guys must have never seen an uncircumcised penis before because one uncircumcised boy was teased terribly and I quickly befriended him and told him he was cool and he was like my brother. One day after practice about a year later we were late getting out of the showers and he turn around showing me his getting a full hard on. At age 13 the foreskin retracted easily and he was proud to show he was developing fast. I had never masturbated or played with my penis or anyone else s, but that was the first time I wanted to play with a penis and an uncircumcised one at that. It blew me away and change my perspective all over again. Now I’m wishing I wasn’t cut all over again.

So I told my Dad about what my friend showed me and he seemed not very interested just that my younger brother should learn to do that or he will need to be circumcised like me. But he did tell me I should learn to be grateful that I was cut and not have to go through the pains he went through. He spoke briefly of the issues mentioned in this forum, but Dad realized I never having experienced them can not appreciate going through those troubling matters. But I was close to my brother and told him what I saw my friend do and that he needed to learn to get his knob out. He was getting defensive so I just dropped it for a year or so. One summer he stayed home while I went summer camp. At camp two guys there uncircumcised, who thought I was not (we had little brothers were friends) tried to talk me into play with our foreskins with them and jacking off. I was confused (not knowing what it was) and refused. I got back just in time to start high school and activities again. I rather ignored my brother until one day he showed he could get his knob out.

This fascinated me all over again but it looked so tight and painful. Now he being 13 didn’t look so proud so I asked him if it hurt and he said a little. He wanted to see my erect penis and me being 16, I was proud to show it off. He asked if it hurt when I jacked off. I said not at, but I didn’t know what he was talking about. He told me Mom and Dad would let him be cut if he wanted to and after examining me he made up his mind to do it. It was done during the Holiday breaker right after he turned 14. Some months later he proudly showed me his fully erect circumcised penis and proceeded to masturbate to ejaculation. I had just turned 17 and had never seen this done before or masturbated myself. I thought only the uncircumcised played with their penis to get the foreskin to retract and the that smelly stuff out. I actually remember saying to him ‘you can’t do that, you no longer have a foreskin to move over your knob.’

So after you get your composure back from laughing so hard you realize it has to be true being so absurd. I quickly learned to masturbate well and often. Even felt stupid not catching on earlier and ticked at my little brother for sexually moving ahead of me. I often wondered if I could masturbate with a foreskin loose like my Dad’s and not tight like my brothers if it would be more enjoyable than being circumcised. And this forum answered that for me. As if I already didn’t know. After I got married I obtained a small plastic cap that fit well over my knob and flaccid penis and wore it for a month or so. I found the head of my penis got too sensitive to enjoy sex and took some time to adjust to having my underwear touching my knob again.

It is not a linear issue or event. It is a matter of making the best of what you got because the outcome is the same. As you could imagine I had many experiences in my life to use in determining to have my boys circumcised. I can confidently explain my decision on many angles if they have any desire to ask. I have learned that my boys have just as sensitive feelings as my girls.

• #1301 Reply
      John

Best choice I ever made.. I love being cut..

• #1302 Reply
      John

My cut was choice and I love it! Wish I had been cut at birth alas routine circumcision is rare in the uk..

• #1322 Reply
      Mark

I think a great advantage to circumcision is better masturbation. By that I mean I finally discovered that the most intense experience is when I masturbate the palming way. It feels considerably better to the point that it is so intense that is sometimes hard for me to finish or bring myself to a complete cum. And for most of the time I have a greater volume release.

• #1515 Reply
      david

my frenum was removed completely and have not lost any senseitivity,i think all boys should be cut at birth

• #7022 Reply
      david

After I decided to go the whole hog and have a very good circumcision, I had all of my inner skin removed along with some outer skin and my frenulum fully removed deep and wide, leaving my glands fully exposed and I can never cover it again. I really enjoy oral sex and as I now have had all my sensitive parts removed, it takes my girlfriend a long time and a lot of attention for me to come, she has to spend a lot of time on my exposed glands, which I enjoy. But at the end of the day I love my cut cock and to be honest I do not miss my foreskin at all and do not notice anything during my normal day, but boy do I look forward to oral sex time.
      David.

• #7028 Reply
        stefan

I’m with you on the non-sexual benefits of being cut.

My member is soft/flaccid about 90% of the time. Back when I was uncut I was irritated by my penis very often during the day (and the night, too).

Since my cut my soft penis basically remains silent (unless I’m sexually stimulated, of course). I appreciate that! A lot.

• #39851 Reply
      Michael M

Great stories here. And supposed to be about personal choice, not forced on you. So why the reference of many wishing to get their boys clipped? It isn’t your choice to make.

• #39859 Reply
      Don S

Until I saw this website, I did not know that there were different types of circumcisions. The other day I found an illustration of the different types:
      1. High and tight 2. Low and tight 3. High and loose 4. Low and loose 5. Normal (cut between high and low) and tight and 6 Low and loose. Also, whether the underside frenum is cut, partially cut, or intact.

I was circumcised when I was a sophomore in college (19 yo). My surgeon did a beautiful job. I am cut normal and tight. Where my frenum is located, he did a V incision so that most of my frenum is intact. Recently, I have dated many beautiful young women from Europe, Asia, and South America where circumcision is rare. Many of these women have never encountered a circumcised penis until they saw mine. They all marvel at it and tell me how beautiful my penis looks. They absolutely love it, and have told me they now only prefer circumcised penis.

I never had a gal not wanting to give me oral. They love that my tight circumcision and exposed gland looks so smooth and taste clean. And knowing how these young ladies love the shape, size, color, and the fact that I am circumcised gives me tremendous confidence with the ladies. Being circumcised at age 19 was one the the best decision I have ever made.

• #45105 Reply
      Blane

I absolutely love being circumcised.thecoronal ridge sticks out so nice and no tight ness what so ever.thick strong erections feel so good.so clean too.looks awesome too.feels so great when I maturbate.im 22 and I wish my parents had me circumcised when I was little.my girlfriend Jenny loves it.we will have any sons circumcised.it just so much better.

• #45106 Reply
      Thomas

I would never want to go back to being uncircumcised. I don’t miss my old foreskin at all. It was always getting in the way during sex, hygiene was more difficult, and skin tears were painful. After getting cut my wife nicknamed me “Tommy 2 Tone”. LOL. It looks much better too.

• #45107 Reply
      Gary

Don’t miss my foreskin at all.glad I was circumcised at 20. So so much better.great stronger erections!I mean hard erections! God new circumcision was a great thing for men on earth.its just so great.

• #45112 Reply
      Tom larson

Most guys are circumcised in the united States. And more are getting circumcised evey day.circumcision is very popular in the USA.every guy i know is circumcised or getting circumcised .

• #45314 Reply
      Honchomike

Where are the good circumcisers in the northeast?

• #45360 Reply
      Ryan Connors

The foreskin does get in the way of intercourse.Especially tight foreskins.All foreskins do not slide back like they are supposed to do.theres a reason why circumcision is talked about in the Bible often.after I had my foreskin Circumcised we conceived our children so much easier.my glans were too sensitive it hurt. And the foreskin was too tight.so much better now.looks great too.circumcised and very happy here.

• #45362 Reply
        Will B

Ryan Connors,

Interesting. Why do you think circumcision made conception easier?

• #45481 Reply
      Cale Williams

I’m a 21 year old with a very long foreskin.my girlfriend Joan likes the foreskin ,but I don’t. I just want to have it Circumcised or just cut off and be foreskin free.having the glans bare and to flare out would be so great.my friends Circumcised penises are great looking and easy to clean.i hope I can show my girlfriend a Circumcised penis is so much better!bare glans and all.

• #45529 Reply
        Dominic

Hello Cale,
        do you live in a country where circumcision is not common? I’m circumcised in my early 20s and I had the wish since I was a young teenager. Had also a long foreskin. I can really encourage you to get circumcised. It’s your choice and not yours girlfriend. I had the same reasons as you and was in the same age (maybe 1, 2 years older) therefore I have to answer you. My wife likes it when she sees my glans visible. I can also feel her bare (without foreskin between us). Win-Win
        Have you shown your girlfriend pictures of circumcised cocks or did you pushed back your foreskin and asked her if she likes the view? Had she already sex with a circ guy? Maybe that could be the reason that she likes the foreskin. What she doesn’t met, she doesn’t miss.

• #45523 Reply
      Caleb martin

Hi my name is Caleb ,uncircumcised and want to be Circumcised.my foreskin is long and hard to actually take care of all the time.guys don’t really talk about circumcision and foreskins ya know.but recently we were at the gym after basketball practice and the guys talked about it.of course I’m the only one not Circumcised their. It was adult ya know.some were cut as babies others as adults.but they encouraged me to get it done and then I would be very happy I did.they sure don’t miss their foreskins.i look forward to being a Circumcised man !!

• #45526 Reply
        Eric

I got circumcised in college. I was one of two uncut guys in my Basketball PE class. In elementary school it was mostly the same. I’m happy to have gotten circumcised. I wish my mother had gotten me done in elementary school, but she didn’t want it done although my dad did. Hope you enjoy your circ!

• #45557 Reply
      Amazon

How many others are prepex circumcised. I had a gap year in Kenya before university, and had a Kenyan girlfriend who persuaded me to have a prepex circumcision. She was my email pen friend. The clinic were only to please to circumcise me, as word got around even white English boys are taking part in VMMC. Best part was being circumcised by her nurse older sister. We were married 4 weeks later, and now have 2 boys, who have just been circumcised.

• #45558 Reply
        Dwayne

Did you have it done for free as part of VMMC programme or did you have to pay?

• #45615 Reply
      Brady Sonette

I live in Virginia.im 19 years old and want to get Circumcised.any one know of any reputable circumciser doctors in Virgina ? Thanks

• #45635 Reply
      Robert Martin

First, my mother wanted me circumcised, my father did not. Everyone including family and friends at school all were circumcised. I had very redundant foreskin & very thick frenulum. I felt and looked different. Problems started as young married adult. So, I have had sex before and after being circumcised. I had no choice in “style “ as I had a precancerous lesion. It resulted in a very low, tight circumcision. It was uncomfortable for a while. My spouse was supportive. We had and still have a wonderful sex life. So with all the problems created from being uncircumcised for a man or woman(STI’s, cancer etc., I am an advocate for newborn circumcision. It would have prevented a lot of problems, medically and socially. It is a difficult decision for a parent(had no son) yet all grandchildren are circumcised. Yes, masturbation, (we all do it) did for me require a lubricant. A difficult decision, yet had I been circumcised at birth, it would have prevented the reasons I required circumcision as an adult. I actually found sex more enjoyable. Prior to being circumcised, my redundant foreskin would roll over itself, during sex. So, my sensitivity increased dramatically. Many of my generation at least were I was, were circumcised-having been made “fun of or looking different was a sad thing.Again I go back to so many STI’s & cancers etc. I am pro-circumcision. For adults considering it:it is your choice. Be it for yourself(cosmetic) or for S.O., research and consult a good urologist or plastic surgeon. I would suggest a low circumcision and somewhat loose. Again, I had no choice in that. I am glad when it was done & as with any cosmetic surgery if one feels “better” that is a reason. My very tight, painful at times frenulum was totally removed. If I did not require a medical circumcision, with all the problems I had from being uncircumcised, I may have had one done for pleasure. Again, for me, sex, masturbation was significantly better. So, Pro newborn circumcision, pro-adult if you chose it, I certainly would have if spouse requested it. My pleasure increased, therefore hers did. If one is lucky enough to have a short foreskin and no frenulum problems, leave it be, unless you just prefer one by choice. Thank you.

• #45636 Reply
      Robert Martin

I did forget to add: as a child with that redundant foreskin, my mother brought me to Dr where to add on my above reasoning. I had FFR(forced foreskin retraction) done by Md. That was around age 5-6. It was incredibly painful, and why the Dr did not recommend circumcision is beyond me. My wife’s brother was circumcised at same age(5-6) for a similar problem only his was phimosis. So, should & wished I was circumcised as newborn, or age 5, not waiting until adulthood with problems I listed:very redundant foreskin, very thick, long frenulum. Circumcision as newborn would have saved a lot of physical pain and I guess social discomfort. As RN, I have seen them done. Now, at least, pain meds are administered before, as well as either topical or injectable lidocaine. So, pain being controlled, there can’t be any memory, or a lot of men circumcised for religious reasons would have problems, they don’t. Again, ALL my friends & cousins were circumcised. I did not have to make that choice as I had a daughter. If I had a son, I would have had him circumcised. Those circumcised as newborns don’t know a foreskin so to speak, although as an RN, I have seen a few needed circumcision revisions(usually parent was not satisfied) or if too much foreskin is remaining after infant circumcision, such that glans is covered, then it is almost like being uncircumcised. I have seen and assisted in adult circumcisions, mostly for medical reasons, as RN, yes I did take care of an uncircumcised man who developed penile cancer(rare) but I took care of him in Hospice, it was a sad case.A lot of work helping a man with total removal of penis, testicles, and a deep wound. Had he been circumcised, he would not have developed penile cancer. My precancerous mole, was the medical reason, for my circumcision as stated. I was as stated glad to get on with life, after adult circumcision. An uncircumcised child is usually not going to go to parents. I did not go to mine. FFR was extremely painful. Probably more than being circumcised then(age5-6)when it was forcibly retracted. Taking warm baths was excruciatingly painful. The child has rights, the intact organization will tell you. So, the question a parent has to make I guess, is: are you doing what you feel is the best for that newborn. Posing this was not easy. Every circumcision is different, depending on Dr experience, device used:for newborns, I saw mogen clamp used. I personally never saw gomco clamp or plastibell device. Now for adults, should you choose what is termed I believe “social or cosmetic circumcision, I have seen sleeve technique & another method. If you are thinking of an adult circumcision, do your research from fact based sites, I again suggest a urologist, or plastic surgeon, instead of a general surgeon. If I have helped 1 person, then this personal post would mean, to me, I have helped someone trying to make a decision, either for your newborn or for an adult. Thank you

• #45637 Reply
      Robert Martin

Lastly, to add to above,this seems to be a good website to help/discuss the issue of circumcision which has been going on historically either for religious reasons, a rite of passage as I read in some cultures. With 5 grandchildren(3 boys) it was my daughters choice for her sons. I am fairly certain, their sisters having seen them as there are 2 sets of fraternal twins, will most probably have their sons if they have one-circumcised.Yes, personally I do believe adult material may have had an impact(every adult material my S.O, & I saw, the actors were circumcised. As I moved into community heath, taking care of high risk pregnancy women, after delivery, i also had to care for infant. I cannot honestly remember, a newborn who was not circumcised. Most were single moms who made the decision. I personally, before they had baby, did not advise them. Their baby, their choice. A lot of information out there-pro circumcision, against it. Do what any parent(s) would:try to make best informed decision.Ask, what medications will be used prior to, during and after circumcision will be used to minimize any post circumcision discomfort. I go back to my own painful issues prior to adult circumcision, the pain after adult circumcision( for me about 2 weeks, until sutures fell out. Inquire on new use of cyanoacrylate (surgical glue) the use of Shang ring circumcision, and other methods. Again, hoping this may help someone decide. I certainly am glad my precancerous lesion was removed, yet even a very low, tight style(look up)did not affect affect my personal sex life. That is just my personal history with circumcision. Yes, I have compared to others, again: every circumcision is different. Thank you again.

• #45664 Reply
      Robert Martin

A wonderful site, thank you to developer for so much information and sharing. It does help to share and discuss for those of us who chose to be circumcised as an adult or needed one for medical reasons. I personally was glad I was circumcised at age 20. I wrote here before, but just offering my support and encouragement.

• #45667 Reply
      Daryl Kaneson

Being Circumcised at age 18 was great for me.20 now.girlfriend loves my bare penis so much.makes sex so much better!

• #45669 Reply
      Jack

I was circumcised at the age of 23.I never regretted my decision.it is cleaner it looks better and all my girlfriends liked it better.more sex more bj .a man cannot be happier

• #45770 Reply
        Robert Martin

To all my men out there, glad they were circumcised, if you are happy that’s all that matters. To the few thinking about it, I refer to my history, circumcised at age 20,( medically necessary) for a lesion, but also as above, for extremely long foreskin, with a very long, thick frenulum. It was painful during sex( had recently got married), but even as a teen masturbating, the redundant foreskin would swell so much, I almost could not pull it back. So for those of you considering VMCC, be sure you medically require one, or for social reasons ( I personally think a circumcised cock is more appealing) as do many women. Do it for yourself. With some elective surgeries on hold, book a consult, read as much about “styles “, I did not have any choice. Low, very tight, frenulum totally removed. It changed my sex life. I personally did not lose a lot of sensation. Some is expected as keratinization occurs. I am glad I am circumcised, wish it had been as infant-refer to my above issues with FFR. Thank you for this site, and everyone’s personal thoughts. Like any cosmetic surgery, if you are happy, don’t wait. Just my thoughts.

• #45759 Reply
      Joel jensen

The bare glans,the bare penis is just so much better!!

• #45762 Reply
      Jack

I agree with you Joel.A circumcised cock looks better ,smells better, tastes better, you get more blow jobs, more sex.A man cannot be happier.

• #45773 Reply
        john Satterfield

Clean, dry, out there, and no nonsense; what she sees is what she gets.

• #45771 Reply
      Robert Martin

In response to Joel, Jack Daryl and others ( who were glad they were circumcised) I agree 100%. Had it been done as infant, would have saved a lot of problems. The anti-circumcision movement (child’s rights) is difficult. But, those circumcised as infants cannot remember the pain, some of us remember the discomfort before circumcision, or maybe after. In a way, we have to come together. Would you rather have been circumcised as infant or wait until you develop problems requiring circumcision. If I had a son, I would have had him circumcised. My 3 grandsons were circumcised, my daughters choice. Thank you

• #45772 Reply
      Jack

It is sure that if I had been circumcised at birth I would have avoided many problems.The pain with a tight foreskin plus the embarrassment of going to the doctor, examination,asking for a circumcision,the pain related to the surgery etc…

• #45775 Reply
      Jonah L.

Yes I can say after I had my foreskin circumcised it was easier and we conceived a child,yes but twin boys.the foreskin was always getting in the way and bunching up and too sensitive.so much easier to slide it in now and feels so good.sara and I are so proud of our twins. Both were circumcised and our heathy and happy little fellas.circumcision helped me out a lot.

• #45776 Reply
      Dakota

I’m another dude with a very long foreskin.its doesn’t stay back at all behind the head when pulled back.is it better to have all the foreskin circumcised or just some? Thanks

• #45777 Reply
      matt

Don’t suffer. Find your nearest clinic and book an appointment right away. The operation doesnt hurt at all and although you might be sore for a week afterwards, its nothing that parcetamol cant take the edge off. Plenty of men get circumcised. Be brave and get yourself sorted out.

• #45781 Reply
      Robert Martin

Jack, Jonah, Dakota & Matt. Glad I was glad to hear I was not the only one with a very long redundant foreskin. As stated, it interfered with sex and masturbation. A mole led to my circumcision. The benefits of feeling sex, instead of trying to hold one’s foreskin back is long gone. Personally, I think all made their personal decisions. I go back to all the problems that could have been prevented had I been circumcised as infant. Thank you for sharing, a great site.

• #45782 Reply
      jack

My parents did want to circumcise me because they are devoted catholics and view circumcision as a mutilation.I had to be circumcised as an adult for a foreskin problem, phimosis.When we had our two boys it was a no brainer, they were circumcised.I wish I had been circumcised at birth.

• #45796 Reply
      ScanianDude

@Dakota, I was in your position, had very long foreskin (cover index 10) and got cut in my mid 20s(soon 13 years ago) simply because i just wanted (very unsual here in scandinavia). I have about cover index 3 or 3.5 now but for me i wish it was a little tighter. I am still super happy with the result and would only wish it was a little tighter.

so my answer to you is get rid of it all

cheers/ThatScanianDude

• #45797 Reply
      Robert Martin

Circumcision seems to be on decline. I personally think that is sad, with so many problems presented by newborn circumcision. To those thinking about being circumcised, consider the benefits, if you medically require one, or just want to be circumcised for your personal reasons. Gather the facts. My story has been posted. This site provides shared personal information, to hopefully help support someone, and keep informed. If you are still interested, see a good urologist. Thank you

• #45799 Reply
      Robert Martin

In response to Dakota, talk to your MD, preferably a urologist, or cosmetic surgeon. It will be your choice. I had no choice, circumcised very low & tight. I am not a doctor, my thought is a moderate circumcision, or even low. Your choice, get informed. Despite my type of circumcision, our( wife) sex life improved dramatically. If pain during sex is a problem, I would not wait too long. To Jonah, my situation was the opposite. Too much foreskin as well, interfering with sex. I personally think you made correct decision to circumcise your sons. An infant circumcision would have prevented a lot of issues.

• #45800 Reply
      Robert Martin

To ScanianDude, I am unfamiliar with “cover index”. If you can, explain. Otherwise, sounds like you may have(not MD) a ? partial circumcision, which is fine as long you have no further problems.

• #45801 Reply
        Reuben

You’re probably best off googling it for the full site complete with example images but the Coverage Index goes from 1 to 10 – with 10 being a foreskin substantially overlapping the end of the glans, 7 probably being about as an intact foreskin would be, 5 being a partial circumcision, 3 being a moderate circumcision (i.e. what ScanianDude indicated he had) and 1 being (very) tight.

• #45802 Reply
      Robert Martin

A big thank you to Reuben for answering coverage index scale regarding circumcision. I did try to search with your suggestion and nothing came up. Just as adults seeking a certain “style of circumcision, is important, so is any knowledge. Thank you. That’s what makes this such a wonderful site, to discuss and share circumcision questions, personal stories & information. I thank the developer for this site. Thank you again for a response.

• #45803 Reply
      Robert Martin

I also agree with Jack & Joel, that personally it is more aesthetically appealing & my wife agreed, but never pushed for my circumcision. It was medically necessary as I have stated. I am so glad it is gone(age 20) and am completely satisfied. To also clarify, I would clean 4-5 times a day. Yet still, had a terrible time with smegma production, which of course was resolved with circumcision. Thanking all who answer and contribute to this site.

• #45804 Reply
      Robert Martin

Thanking those who shared their personal information & again for answering coverage index score. I now realize I am a number 1. Glans always exposed,when flaccid, and very tight when erect. A wonderful site & noting that developer, to best I read, does this with his own finances. Thank you

• #45806 Reply
      Peter

Circumcision has changed my life and my experience for the better. Sex is so much more vivid when the woman you are screwing loves you for this bodily change.

• #45810 Reply
      ScanianDude

Cover index NSFW!
      http://www.restoringforeskin.org/coverage-index/CI-chart.htm

I Believe that if you really wanna be cut, then the outcome Will also be great, from ny understanding almost nobody is happy with a partial.

Like I have written around here before, for me getting cut is the best thing I ever did but I also had very long foreskin.

before sex always felt like masturbating in my foreskin even inside the vagina, after getting cut I have this intense feeling both on the instroke (and outstroke especially)

For me orgasms are more intense and longer lasting versus before which I really enjoy, your result may vary

Feel free to ask anything

Cheers/ThatScanianDude

• #45812 Reply
      Robert Martin

To ScanianDude, thank you for your response. All information on this site is valuable & always it seem, something to learn. I had a total circumcision and total frenulum removal. I now realize, I am a type 1. My glans is fully exposed flaccid and remaining skin very tight. Like you, (circumcised at age 20, if you read my posts, it was the best thing that happened for my sex life, as well as emotionally as everyone I knew(cousins, friends, all religions, were circumcised. Difficult taking a shower after Gym class, being ONLY person not circumcised. Aesthetically pleasing, still highly sensitive after years. Thank you for your contribution and response & this web site. Sharing is important, be it question or experiences

• #45819 Reply
      ScanianDude

One thing you hear from intactivism is how sensitivity disappears because of so many nerve endings, for me when my glans is moist I have the same sensitivity as before, it is only less when dry and this means that I last about the same as before

Cheers/ThatScanianDude

• #45825 Reply
        G S

Yip, exactly the same for me

• #45872 Reply
        Will B

ScanianDude

Intactivists often use the argument that the foreskin contains many highly sensitive nerve endings, and removing it removes all those nerve endings, and that the foreskin is the most sensitive part of the penis. The problem comes when they try to put a number on the nerve endings. I’ve seen 5,000, 10,000, 20,000, 50,000 70,000, 100,000, and 1,000,000 (!)

Since they couldn’t get their story straight, they’ve lately started using just a generic “thousands.” Significantly, no one ever quotes a credible fource, such as a peer reviewed journal article, or medical textbook for any of their figures or other information, and if they give any source, it’s ususally some popular intactivist publication, or worse, a website. One way to challenge intactivists is to ask them to quote a credible academic source for their information. Usually, but not always, they can’t do it.

When you start examining their arguments in the light of actual reason, and credible sources, and, most significntly, your own experience, their objections will look much less substantial or fall apart entirely.

• #45873 Reply
          Gemma

Don’t know if I’m allowed to comment on these things (when I’ve never been in possession of a foreskin), but I’ve had a glass of wine so why not: this theory always amused me a little.

Like, if that bit was the most pleasurable then the best handjob for a guy would be just rubbing the foreskin between two fingers right? It wouldn’t involve the rest of his penis lol.

Always seems to be it was just doing a stimulating job on the head lol

• #45874 Reply
            Will B

Gemma
            As far as I’m concerned, your comments are most welcome. I wish more women would comment on this thread. You provide an interesting perspective BECAUSE you’ve never been in possession of a foreskin!

• #45871 Reply
      J90

One thing that helped when I found myself thinking it was weird or whatever to get circumcised, or after the op, that I’d not done it for the ‘right’ reasons or something, was thinking how unimportant a foreskin is to day to day life- is there any point where those of us who had it done as adults thought “I really wish I had a foreskin right now”?

• #45876 Reply
      Jack

How can the intactivists say that the foreskin is the most sensitive part of the penis it is the glans that is more sensitive.I was circumcised and I don’t see any difference in sensitivity .I prefer to have my foreskin cut off than my glans right?

• #45877 Reply
      Sergio

I never missed my foreskin. If it was particularly sensitive, it would have been the inner mucosa, most of which I still have, so I can’t say. Men who have had low tight cuts do mention losing sensitivity. But they usually claim to have gained other advantages. I always found the foreskin to be in the way and I quite enjoy whipping it out and letting it do its business without worrying about having foreskin in the way ;)

As for your comment Gemma, the foreskin can be pulled down the shaft and rubbed, it wouldn’t necessarily stay on the glans and be rubbed with two fingers…

• #45983 Reply
        Will B

Losing the inner foreskin with a low and tight cut cam be partially compensated for by leaving some of the frenulum.

• #45903 Reply
      Micah

I had a long foreskin also.since I had the foreskin cut off,masturbation and sex are so much better.martubating with a foreskin was really not that great.a lot better with no foreskin.very much better when I have my penis inside my girlfriend.so much more pleasurable.and she loves giving BJ’s.boy do I look forward to that. Just being circumcised at 22 is the best thing I did.yes I would do it again and strongly recommend to guys to get circumcised.

• #45967 Reply
      Lucas

What do 20 some year olds think about getting circimcised out their? Very long foreskin here.

• #45971 Reply
      Robert

If one as a long redundant foreskin (as I did). Then consult a urologist. I had pain during sex, pain during masturbation, and a very thick long frenulum. I got circumcised at age 20, for that as well as a suspicious lesion. I honestly, do not miss my fo. It was painful & sex should not be. I am one of few head sex circumcised & uncircumcised. My wife prefers it, and aesthetically it was pleasing, since, all my family & friends, guys in gym shower were circumcised. Yes, I was made fun of. Now I can shower anywhere. I lost only a small amount of sensitivity. The benefits were too much. Thank you

• #45981 Reply
      Kyler jameson

Today is the day.hope I’m ready. Going to be circumcised today. 23 hope not to old to be circumcised. Thanks for the log here.

• #45982 Reply
        GS

Congratulations, and happy healing. Please keep us updated.

• #45997 Reply
        ScanianDude

Definatly not too old, wish you fast healing, i was about your age when i got cut(wich is almost 13 years ago)

Cheers/ThatScanianDude

• #45994 Reply
      Kameron

Just thinking about circumcision.have a lot of foreskin. Bunches up all the time. Any guys here have that problem with your foreskin bunching up? Is circumcision the answer? Thinking about high and tight. Any thoughts here on that? Only 20 and looking for suggestions.thanks.

• #45995 Reply
        Martin

Circumcision is definitely the answer. Personally I would go for low and tight. A fairly tight flacid finish is best to stop any bunching. You want the glans and sulcus to be uncovered all the time.

• #45998 Reply
        ScanianDude

Bunching up how and where? Before I got cut I had coverindex of 10

Cheers/ThatScanianDude

• #46001 Reply
          Martin

Bunching is when not enough foreskin has been removed. The excess remaining skin gathers behind the glans and so covers the sulcus. There is not enough to start to cover the glans but it forms a ridge just behind it.

• #46002 Reply
        Reuben

If you’ve got a long foreskin at the moment it will likely naturally sit in front of the glans when flaccid completely hiding it. If you retract it then after a short while it will probably return to that covered state naturally, When erect, and you’ve retracted the foreskin, you will end up with loose skin bunched up behind the glans. This can probably be brought forward to cover most of the glans, but will then slip back to leave it uncovered again as long as you are erect.

With a loose/moderate circumcision the flaccid state will be more like the erect state of your current uncut penis – with loose skin bunched around that can cover a bit of the glans but will retract of it’s own accord pretty quickly. When flaccid someone seeing a brief glance might not be easily able to tell if you are cut, or have just retracted your foreskin, but when erect then skin will be relatively smooth, obviously cut, but with some movement possible.

As Martin says, a tight cut will leave no skin bunched up either flaccid or erect, and it will look obviously cut in both states. Additionally when erect you’ll likely have little movement of skin on the penis.

So – if bunching up during sex or masturbation is an issue then a moderate or loose cut might do what you want, but to give that smooth look all the time it will need to be cut tight. As for being a high style, that will leave a lot of sensitive skin remaining on the shaft, so you should still have plenty of sensation during masturbation and sex. To start with it might even feel more sensitive until you’ve grown accustom to the inner skin being uncovered. It will probably leave you with an obvious scar midway along your penis, and the skin colour either side of that will vary significantly.

While you can ask for high and tight, the result might not be as high and/or tight as you desire, so if you have settled on that make sure the doctor is completely aware of your wishes.

• #46011 Reply
      Kameron

My foreskin bunches up at the end of my penis alot. Would a good high and tight take care of this? Thanks

• #46013 Reply
        matt

yes, or a low and tight. be sure to make an appointment at a dedicated circumcision clinic where you’ll be listened to regarding your preference and circumcised under a local anaesthetic. You’ll be in an out in and hour and a half. A hospital circumcision could be done under general and you’ll get no say in what you want. You could also be kept in overnight. Mine was done at a clinic and is high and tight despite the mogen clamp being used. The only thing I felt was the tugging to get the tightness right and pressure of the clamp being closed. no pain though.

• #46012 Reply
      Kyler Jameson

I was still kind of scared when I went to have my very long foreskin cut off.i mean I had a lot of foreskin.the doctor pulled the foreskin all the way back and showed me what a circumcised penis would look like.he put me at ease.he cut off the entire foreskin and I am doing very good.high and tight.circumcised man.

• #46014 Reply
        matt

It’s best to have that excess skin removed to expose the glans permanently to the air. Its much healthier.

• #46038 Reply
      Jesse

Came across this panel and web.wish I would of known about this before.i know quite a few guys who want to get circumcised but afraid to talk or ask about it.this panel helps all guys without being embarrassed . Yes I’m not circumcised yet,but plan on it.i think most dudes in the USA are circumcised.my foreskin is always to tight.ive known quite a few guys who have gotten circumcised .quite a few from highschool.im only 19 but know being circumcised helps a lot.looking forward to having my foreskin cut off.going to be soon.thanks for this web page.

• #46073 Reply
        Kenneth

My fiancée and I would recommend circumcision to any man. Get it done; it’s so much more hygienic, looks better and we both think that it’s better for sex too.

• #46072 Reply
      Robert

To Kyler and Kameron. Matt & Reuben explained this well. I had no choice, was a CI-9.5-10. Too much foreskin hurt. A lesion forced me into a very low tight cut which is aesthetically pleasing, certainly my wife was happy. Sex became more pleasurable. Masturbation required lubricant. So, if I had a choice, I would suggest ( personal opinion) a “normal or high” cut with a little moveable shaft skin by talking, sharing, information. With a high cut, you still, I believe can masturbate by pulling some skin towards glans which seems how some do it. Low and tight for me, lubricant if not during sex. I do agree, get most or all foreskin cut, leaving a C2 or C3. Thanking all who share, seek information or provide support.

• #46160 Reply
        matt

Once, during an examination of my penis and glans, the older lady doctor at the time asked me if I used lube when I masturbate. I don’t, and knowing what to look out for, she could tell due to the appearance of my glans.
        According to her, if you’re circumcised you SHOULD use lube to protect the glans from abrasion, that over time can result in a loss of light touch sensitivity.
        I told her I’d tried but it made it messy and also very difficult to orgasm (which is true) and so she recommended using a condom with a drop of lube in the end of it, same deal when I have sex.
        I’d not thought of putting lube INSIDE a condom before but to be fair to her, it really, REALLY works and improves sensation enormously. One to try out guys and there’s plenty of places to pick up free condoms too ;o)

• #46154 Reply
      Dakota

Is getting circumcised that common ?

• #46162 Reply
        Kenneth

Huge variations around the world. In the USA, South Korea and much of West Africa a majority of men are circumcised for non-religious reasons. Obviously almost all Muslim and Jewish men are circumcised for religious reasons, making circumcision very common in the Middle East, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia and North Africa. Circumcision is fairly uncommon in Europe and Latin America. I’m British and was circumcised at birth – although it’s fairly unusual in Britain nowadays it was very common for men from upper class English backgrounds (and is still quite common). My guess is about 10% or more of British men are circumcised – mainly for medical or religious reasons, but sometimes by choice too.

• #46171 Reply
      Dakota

How many guys have overly long foreskins here and want to get them circumcised ?

• #46172 Reply
      Dakota

What do they do with the circumcised foreskins?

• #46174 Reply
        ScanianDude

Cheers/ThatScanianDude

• #46500 Reply
        Harry

Newborn foreskins can be used for some sort of skin graft. I’m guessing, but adult foreskins are probably disposed of as medical waste, ie probably incinerated.

• #46503 Reply
          Steve

When I was cut, I was asked for permission for my foreskin to be sent off for use in medical research, that was about 25 years ago.

• #46202 Reply
      Dakota

Being circumcised seems to be gaining in popularity in the united States ,contrary to what some people say.many of my friends have been circumcised as adults.the penis is so much easier to keep clean and it looks great.women really appreciate and like the circumcised penis.my wife and I both agree.hats off to all circumcised guys.

• #46419 Reply
        Kenneth

This is good to hear. I’m English, was circumcised at birth and am happy with the decision of my parents; had I not been I would certainly have chosen to have it done as an adult. Anecdotally, I’m hearing about quite a lot of English men now choosing to get circumcised as adults and there are quite a few clinics available, particularly in the London area.

• #46203 Reply
      Dakota

It was a very happy day when I had my foreskin cut off or circumcised.i recommend being getting circumcised to any guy.its awesome not having a foreskon.sex is spool much better wife spool happy too.

• #46204 Reply
      Robert

Addressing Dakota. Be it infant or adults, the removed foreskin during a circumcision, is sent to pathos. From there, a lot of research has been done. They can re-grow cells from a foreskin in lab, it has been going on a while, and just like any other grafting tissues, your foreskin from your circumcision ( may) have been used for skin grafts( sounds weird) I realize. But same for placental tissue( after a baby) it also is used for many things.

• #46209 Reply
      Dakota

Addressing Robert ,at least our foreskins are being used for good purposes.like for saving lives .

• #46316 Reply
      Devon

Can a guy get circumcised at 18? Without parent consent ? Just have a lot of bunched up long foreskin.thanks.

• #46317 Reply
        matt

Yes.

• #46499 Reply
        Harry

Devon,
        Yes, of course you can get circumcised at 18 without parental consent. The worst part is paying for it. If your doctor won’t recommend circumcision for a medical condition, you’ll probably have to pay for it yourself.

• #46380 Reply
      Robert

Saw a post way back from Michael Taylor, 2014.This is a safe zone for us with problems. He almost wrote my similar story. Thick frenulum, CI 10+, always in pain, despite being very clean, sweating etc. Yes, I was the oddball not circumcised. It was embarrassing & I was made fun of. Only saw a few uncircumcised ( first time) in military 1970. So circumcised at at 20 right before being 21, I can relate/share all problems it solved. Showered during my years in martial arts (1st Dan) every one was circumcised. I finally could feel like I was in a special “club” no longer embarrassed, no longer covered with towel, waiting in line with every one in front & behind me circumcised. I personally was finally free physically & yes, social-emotional. A wonderful site

• #46388 Reply
      Kevin bryan

College freshmen this year at spring break. I want to get circumcised for my girlfriend Leah .I do have a very th ick foreskin,gets bunched up very easy.do they have walk in clinic for same day circumcisions? Don’t really want to miss my college classes.my friends are all foreskin free and very happy with their cut penises .they encouraged me to get my foreskin cut off too.said I would be much happier with my penis. Thanks

• #46420 Reply
        Kenneth

I’m sure that you’d need to make an appointment, but you can schedule a day during the college holidays. I can’t imagine that there’s a no appointment same day adult circumcision service available anywhere in the world. If I’m wrong I’d be curious to hear about it. It’s sometimes possible to get it booked at fairly short notice (my parents must have been able to do this for my own circumcision as a baby).

• #46402 Reply
      Landon Carter

Ever since I got cicumcised a year ago,masturbation is so much better and feels great. Much better than when I had foreskin.

• #46403 Reply
      Landon Carter

That being said,i really encourage guys to get circumcised.its the best thing you can do for yourself. So much easy to keep clean, plus it’s looks totally awesome ,told to me by my lady friends at the beach.

• #46404 Reply
      Charlie

I agree with you Landon, everything got much better for me as well after I got circumcised. That being said I think it’s also true that each guy responds in his own way to his new status. It’s an adjustment physically and mentally/emotionally.

• #46413 Reply
      Micah

Being circumcised is a great gift ,I see from the guy upstairs. All that foreskin that I had was just to troublesome.20 years old and very happy.

• #46439 Reply
      Brandon Celena

Thinking about circumcision. Is a guy to old to be circumcised at 25? Do they cut all the foreskin off? Can I go to work the next day?
      Will it hurt?What about erection ? Thanks for the help. Hard decision. Greats site. Brandon

• #46441 Reply
        Kenneth

I completely agree with what Charlie writes below. You’re definitely not too old at 25, some have it done at 75 or older. I’ve been circumcised since birth and am very glad that I am.

• #46448 Reply
        Reuben

25 definitely isn’t too old – I was 27.

Erections will hurt for a while until stitches are out or dissolved – try sleeping with your knees raised for that time as it will reduce tension on the scar.

That’s true for a tight circumcision – where they remove all the foreskin, which I’d recommend as I had to get recut as first time wasn’t tight enough.

If you do want to go for a more loose cut though, where some is left that doesn’t really put skin under any tension at all so erections aren’t an issue.

Gentle activity, like short walks is fine same day, just know your limits and if you’ve got a physical job or like going to the gym probably arrange to skip that for a week or two.

• #46450 Reply
        Dwayne

I was 51, had it done on a Monday and returned to office on the Wednesday. I could’ve returned the next day however I’d had a general anaesthetic and wasn’t allowed to drive for 48 hours. Absolutely no pain and immediately more comfortable. As other post says, knees up will help with nocturnal erections.

• #46490 Reply
        J90

Adult circumcision is pretty normal, and it’s done for a lot of reasons. You shouldn’t do anything physically strenuous for the first few days, and wait six weeks at least before having sex. Night erections can be a problem on stitches if you go tight, try sleeping more curled up.

• #46440 Reply
      Charlie

Brandon
      No you are not too old to be circumcised at 25! I did mine at 39.
      Will your foreskin be removed, yes. All of it? Depends on the type circumcision you want. Generally the idea is to have the glans exposed even when flaccid. Then you get all of the benefits of being circumcised. Does it hurt? The operation itself no, you will be numbed with a local anesthetic injected into area around penis.
      Erections may cause some discomfort for a few days, but nothing too bad.
      Everyone heals at their own pace. Going to work the next day, maybe but I would suggest rest for a couple of days. I do not know what type of work you do, that will play a significant role regarding working. Manual labor, lifting and straining I wouldn’t recommend. Sitting doing work on computer more likely to be able to work next day. I did mine on a Friday so I would have a couple of days recovery. That worked very well for me.
      I tell everyone that they must want to be circumcised, if it’s optional and not a medical necessity. If you want it do it, you will never regret it if you want it. Getting circumcised was the best thing I ever did for me! I love it. Sex better in all respects. Cleanliness is great. Appearance is great. I hope this helps in your decision making. Glad you found this site. Lots of great information. All the best to you.

• #46454 Reply
      matt

Hi Brandon, 25 is not too old, there is no age limit on getting a circumcision. Mine was done at 17 at a clinic that specialised in circumcisions for males of all ages. The sequence of events is as follows.

1. book a consultation with option of surgery afterwards
      2. two injections at the base of the penis to numb it and some numbing cream rubbed on the inside and outside of the foreskin too. 30 mins wait for numbing to take effect.
      3. you’ll feel nothing other than an awareness of pressure and tugging as the foreskin is pulled forward and clamped into place with a device (there are lots of different devices these days, mine was a simple mogen clamp similar to the mogen shield used on jewish babies but bigger and with a quick release lever on the bottom to keep it in place).
      4. The removal of the skin is very swift and painless.
      5. 20 – 25 stitches or special skin glue (better option) to join the two skin edges together about an inch back from the glans (usually but may vary in lowness or highness of the scar line placement based on your anatomy and the surgeons technique/device).
      6. bandaged to contain swelling for 3 days, sore for a week, healed in 4 – 6 weeks.

Worth it? In my opinion, yes. My foreskin wouldn’t retract prior to my own circumcision, but I still think it’s preferable to keeping the foreskin into adulthood, hygienically and cosmetically. The females I’ve spoken to in healthcare all felt the same way on or off the record too, with their preference for male circumcision, with no exceptions (in my experience).

• #46458 Reply
        Kenneth

I completely agree regarding the reaction of women. In my experience, most women greatly prefer men to be circumcised.

• #46461 Reply
      Graham

Matt,

You make the procedure sound so very simple – which is great, when you’re a little apprehensive like me.

I am 56, UK male, with a long foreskin. I have had two consultations on getting circumcised so I now just need to book the appointment. As a long time nudist, I am keen to be seen as obviously circumcised afterwards, so I would like no rolling of the foreskin behind the glans after the procedure, and I guess I want the scar / joint to be visible afterwards, so women (and men) know that I made the decision.

Graham

• #46483 Reply
      Robert Martin

Graham-one is never too old for adult circumcision. As RN-OR, I have seen many older men & seniors, either medical reasons or social/cosmetics. Saw earlier posts. If nudist ( I applaud) why wait? You will have visible ( usually 2 tone scar) which many men consider “ badge of honor “. Personally, I have one & wife finds it aesthetically appealing. There are now scar reduction creams etc. I never used. Scar will tighten and shrink over months. Suggest mid to high, as I have very low , very tight. Total frenulum removal. Why wait? Think of the first time you go back to nudist camp with a nicely circumcised penis. Regards keep someone posted, I occasionally check in. Cheers

• #46489 Reply
      Gary

Hi Graham,
      While you could argue that at your age, is the expense worth it etc, the fact that you have had 2 consultations should tell you that:
      a) You know/feel it should be done
      b) you are actually keen to get circumcised.
      I too had a very long foreskin,and always seemed to know that I should be circumcised-just never had the confidence to discuss it during my teens/twenties.
      Apart for causing problems during any form of sex, I was embarassed about being a “wet end” and the daily build up/smell.
      Since being circumcised my confidence has grown,and feel proud whenever the subject is discussed,or anyone sees my bared glans-as it is very obvious that I have been cut although I am not a strong two tone.
      All the best G

• #46496 Reply
      Dakota Jensen

A question about getting cirumcised? Do they cut all the foreskin off? Thanks

• #46497 Reply
        Harry

It depends. Some doctors will do it pretty much any way you want it. Some doctors have a preferred way to circumcise. You can discuss this with your urologist, or look for a doctor who will do it your way. There may also be a limit to how much skin the doctor can take off, especially if you’re a “grower” and your penis gets considerably larger when erect. I depends on your individual physiology to some extent. There are a considerable number of variations in circumcisions, depending on how much skin is removed that is how “tight” the doctor cuts you, and the instruments or method used, and possibly the doctor’s preferences regarding circumcision. All that said, some guys are cut tightly, with virtually all the foreskin removed.

• #46508 Reply
      Robert Martin

Addressing Dakota-many styles. On this site is “styles” . Some are personal preference, some ( mine was decided as I had lesion) Very low, very tight, wife thinks it aesthetically pleasing. She never pushed but was glad & had her support. My pleasure, then increased hers. I finally could “ feel her” & she me. Best thing that happened for our sex life. I love being circumcised, since all my relatives were, my best Afro-American friends, and of course my Jewish friends. I was only 1 in high school NOT circumcised. First time I saw a few others was in Army

• #46593 Reply
      Zane Makota

Found this site.This is a very helpful amazing forum. I’m 27 been married two years to Jenna and we just had a baby boy Jon,and we had me circumcised. I was not personally circumcised at the time. Wanted to be just like my son,so I got circumcised high and tight also.awesome being circumcised.father and son done together.its a bonding father,son family thing. Thanks for this forum.

• #46596 Reply
      Jim

I just got circumcised seven months ago.Now when I shower at the gym,im not stared at ,with a long droopy foreskin.the self confidence ,provided by having a circumcised penis is awesome.the bare circumcised penis is very easy to take care off and has a great look. Now I can shower along all the other circumcised guys on the team and have that accepted confidence . Truly like being totally circumcised. By

Viewing 95 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #46209 in Adult Circumcision
Your information:

− 1 = 8

Cancel