Home Forums General Who knows about your circumcision?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Bruce Douglas Thurston 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

Jack

When I decided to get circumcised, I was living alone and had a couple of weeks to myself before starting a new job. One thing that held me back a little from the decision was a somewhat unfounded fear that people would know and I would catch flak for it from friends and family, and so I had the op and recovered without anybody being any the wiser. Partners have obviously noticed and talked about it, but beyond that I keep it on a need-to-know basis. I’m from a culture where the operation is considered strange, all the more so for an adult. I think I’m probably at one end of a spectrum here, so how have you guys spoken about it, or handled people finding out?

• #7435 Reply

George

I also come from a culture that doesn’t circumcise (France); however, we immigrated here when I was 2 months old. My brother was born in the US four years later and he was routinely circumcised. My dad had himself done when he was in his 50’s after having lived in the US for about 15 years. So, even though I was uncircumcised growing up, for me the norm was to be circumcised.

I had myself done when I was 33 for aesthetic, sexual, and social reasons. I frequent a gym that has public changing areas so it’s quite common to see others nude and although I had kept my foreskin permanently retracted for a number of years, I still felt like I didn’t fit in.

A few people know about my circumcision. My wife knows, obviously, my dad knows (and as a result probably my mom), and my brother knows. When my brother or dad come visit they frequent the gym with me, so they’ve seen me change and have seen me nude after my circumcision. Neither one has really said anything to me, and I don’t really care if anyone finds out I did it as an adult.

• #7476 Reply

American

how did you keep it retracted, what are the best methods ?

• #7448 Reply

Bruce Douglas Thurston

Right now, no one except the ones who read these articles know that I did a self-circumcision using rubber bands. I also sent messages to The Circumcision Center & the Cleveland Clinic and told them about it, but other than this, no one knows about it. I’m too embarrassed with the way it looks to let anyone see it. However, I will let the doctor who does the revision see it and confess everything to him.

• #7478 Reply

Bruce Douglas Thurston

To American: I used rubber bands to do my botched up self-circumcision. And I say, DO “NOT” USE RUBBER BANDS KNIVES, SCISSORS, RAZOR BLADES OR ANYTHING ELSE TO PERFORM A SELF-CIRCUMCISION!!!!!! GO TO A GOOD QUALIFIED UROLOGIST AND LET HIM CIRCUMCISE YOU THE RIGHT WAY WHICH IS TO HAVE THE FORESKIN CUT OFF BY THE SURGERY KNOWN AS “CIRCUMCISION”!!!!!!

Reply To: Who knows about your circumcision?
Your information:

46 + = 55