Home Forums General Do You Put Your Circ on Med Forms?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Klermont 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Mason

Patients are often given forms that ask for a list of “all surgical procedures.” Do you list your adult circumcision on medical forms? Do people circ’d as infants list theirs? My GP noticed I had listed my adult circ and wanted to know all about it. We had an interesting conversation. Turns out my doc is very pro-circ.

• #7877 Reply

Choice Maker
    Keymaster

I always list it; it is, after all, a legitimate surgery. For me it involved general anesthesia, for example. There’s the multi-week recovery form.

I’ve never had anyone question it though. The only oddity I’ve noticed is that there generally isn’t a pre-populated option for adult circumcision, so it becomes one they type in rather than select from a list.

• #8023 Reply

Klermont

Yes, I always do. Some doctors ask more questions about it (age, reasons,…), other don’t. You immediately see if they are interested or not. The circumcision rate beeing very low in my country, I am often asked additional questions on that topic, like ” Are satisfied or not?” or ”Would you do it again if you had choice, would you recommmand it ?”

Reply To: Do You Put Your Circ on Med Forms?
Your information:

28 + = 32