Home Forums Making the Decision Considering having my son circumcised

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Aaron 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Deb

Hello, I have a son hes 12, his foreskin is too tight to retract and im worried about future problems that may cause. In my culture we don’t apply this procedure so I’m unsure what to do.

• #7074 Reply

David Hodgson

I was circumcised as an adult due to a tight foreskin and my wife prefers the look. When our first boy was born, she asked if I wanted him to be circumcised. I hadn’t really thought about it but she was keen to at least explore the possibility. I agreed that we at least look into it. My wife did all the research and presented me with her opinion. We should go ahead and have jake circumcised. The doctor did a great job and when our second son was born there was no debate. As someone who has experienced life with and without a foreskin, there is no comparison. I think it is much better to be circumcised and both my boys are properly circumcised and happy with it.

• #7075 Reply

Matt

Hi Deb,

I had a similar issue when I was 15 and my doctor recommended circumcision. I was circumcised a few weeks later and have had no issues since. I am no in my 30’s and didn’t hesitate to have my first son circumcised

• #7076 Reply

Choice Maker
    Keymaster

Off-topic posts may be deleted

Please remember that this website is exclusively about voluntary and informed adult circumcision. Infant circumcision is off topic and attracts a lot of ugly attention. This topic may be deleted with no warning.

• #7078 Reply

Deb

Thanks for your input. I will be making an appointment for the procedure soon

• #7090 Reply

Aaron

There are other opinions, circumcision should always be a be a last resort. Especially since circumcision is not done in your culture.

There are creams & stretching exercises that can loosen a tigh foreskin. Try them first before having surgery.

Reply To: Considering having my son circumcised
Your information:

2 + 5 =